[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your time has come to an end, anon. You must choose : >red
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
Your time has come to an end, anon. You must choose :

>red
You will have knowledge in every science domain. But, after a time you will forget everything

>blue
You will live for eternity. But, you will forget how to be human.

>green
You will be the most richest person who ever lived

What would you pick and why ?
>>
>>8129262
I'll just wait for the DLC to give me better options.
>>
>>8129262
>you will forget how to be human
What if I never knew?
>>
>>8129262
>live for eternity and forget how to be a human

If I live forever I can be the richest person ever (invest $1 and wait 1000 years). Also I have the time to learn all the sciences if I wanted to.
>>
File: semi rare bodybuilder pepe.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
semi rare bodybuilder pepe.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>8129262
Green vs Blue is easy, come on.

I can probably buy immortality if I play my cards right, plus, I get to keep the difference.

Green vs Red I'm not sure. It depends on how much usable in practice knowledge there is left to figure out.

There is simply no point in having a complete description of the Universe accurate to 1/(10^10^10^10) of a Planck unit
>>
>>8129262
>red
You did not specify the length of time, if it's not long enough to write things down it's pretty pointless

>blue
>eternity
Yeah no, this is the most cruel punishment

>green
Only good option
>>
>>8129262
Green.
Being immortal is actually my worst nightmare.
>>
>>8129262
blue.
I would give anything to be immortal
>>
Why are people always ask those stupid questions???
>>
Blue. As T approaches infinity, the probability that you remember how to be human, at least temporarily, approaches 1.
>>
>>8129319
Neither in theory nor in practice is that necessarily true.
>>
Elaborate on forget how to be human. Like become a turbo autist?
>>
>>8129262
>Red
Figure out how to live for eternity, but become senile
>Green
Buy immortality, but only if someone else has gotten red or society figures it out.
>Blue
Can, eventually, discovered all of red. Can, eventually, accomplish green. All your friends and relatives before accomplishing either will perish before your eyes, you'll ultimately forget you have any, anyway, and when the universe falls to heat death (Assuming you don't use your knowledge to beat entropy), you will be, in all practical senses, dead anyway.
>>
>>8129319
>>8129311
being immortal means living to the death of the earth, the (presumable) death of humankind, and presumably floating in space for billions of years suffocating but not dying
>>
>>8129343
To some, it beats the alternative.
>>
>>8129343
> billions of years suffocating but not dying
I think you'd get use to it
>>
>>8129319
Blue is obviously a scam, whoever made the pill is trying to steal 1/12 of your lifespan.
>>
>>8129331
Like most of the anons that are in this page
>>
>>8129737
Underrated
>>
>>8129277
>>8129296
>>8129343
>>8129456

>tfw when I'd pick blue
just fuck my shit up
>>
>>8129262
blue

> you will forget how to be human.
I don't really see that as a negative. Being immortal is scarier in a lot of ways. Humans are the descendants of territorial apes with a long history of superstition, violence, and apathy. We circle jerk about humanity's compassion, creativity, curiosity etc, but there's no reason a robot couldn't be better all those things.
>>
>>8129262
Green.
How money to become immortal and give myself a robobrain that hold knowledge in every scientific domain.

Checkm8 m80
>>
blue, no question.
humanity is overrated, I'm already an autist, so I don't really understand a lot of it.
give me millennia to learn all things, spend lifetimes doing anything that interests me...
>>
>>8129737
+1 math 4 u
>>
>>8129262
>green
You will be the most richest person who ever lived

sounds a lot better than "become a walking Wikipedia" or "be eternally ronery"

if i need to educate myself on a specific science, i can easily hire the best tutors in the world
>>
>>8129265
Yeah, you need to pay 50$ for that. :)
>>
>>8129262
Blue: if I live long enough I can learn anything.
>>
>>8129262
green
>>
>>8129262

Blue. Infinite time means infinite money means infinite time to learn everything.
>>
>>8129266
Then you minmaxed properly. Gratz.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.