[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you studying medicine, anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: images (3).jpg (15 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
15 KB, 285x177
Why aren't you studying medicine, anon?
>>
File: Dino.jpg (171 KB, 1707x1240) Image search: [Google]
Dino.jpg
171 KB, 1707x1240
Because I am trying to learn how to make a dinosaur.
>>
Because my dad died in the hospital in front of me while I was a premed and I realized that this is possibly the shittiest occupation you could have, it's nowhere near worth the money to have someone's life in your hands regularly, and I don't like biology as much as I fooled myself into believing.
>>
I used to want to, but I don't want to work with people or have to explain things to plebs.

>B-but doctor i-isnt there anything we can do?
No, grann'ys brain hemmorrage made her a vegetable now and has 2 days to live dumbfuck.
>>
>>8127173
because I am the true overman who has experienced the going under and chosen EE.
>>
Because I'm not interested in it, is there any other reason?
>>
Medicine is 60% quackery.
The remaining 40% is practices improperly by idiots that don't understand the difference between differential diagnosis and stereotyping out of ignorance.
>>
>>8127327
*practiced
>>
I am, it's one of the reasons I'm depressed. I'm considering going into research anyway.
>>
Because I'm not comfortable with being legally obligated to do something I feel is unethical. Like, say, keeping a billion year old stroke patient alive when they and everyone who loves them just want it to be over.
>>
>>8127347
Euthanasia is legal in a lot of countries, anon. PAD also, which is more ethical and dignified imo
>>
>>8127173
I intend to enter an MD-PhD program, if that counts.
>>
can't get into medical school with my poor GPA

the medical schools I could get into wouldn't offer a MD program and thus do not justify the cost

i'm more interested in computer science and living a life where I'll be seen as a lesser human being because of my career choice
>>
>>8127215
10/10 would have one as pet
>>
File: i_hug_that_feel.png (100 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
i_hug_that_feel.png
100 KB, 600x553
>>8127272
Not a medfag, but I know that same sensation. Mine was cancer. I wish I can get over it someday.
>>
>>8127327
They literally sent a guy to the loony bin for telling doctors to wash their hands.
>>
File: 1463454530047.jpg (186 KB, 536x593) Image search: [Google]
1463454530047.jpg
186 KB, 536x593
>>8127173
Humans are too ephemeral. Physics 4 eva.
>>
Let me guess, it was you anon
>>
>>8127645
Let me guess, it was you anon
>>
>>8127173
I dont have the connections to make it work out,
>implying doctors get their jobs by pure skill
KEK learn how the real world works kid.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.