[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can something happen after a never-ending amount of things happening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Primitive Figure.png (503 KB, 703x495) Image search: [Google]
Primitive Figure.png
503 KB, 703x495
Can something happen after a never-ending amount of things happening one after the other?
>>
Simple question, what are you guys scared of?
>>
Looks like I finally found a question that stumped /sci/.
>>
>>8126567
yes, if the series for the time converges, because then it only takes an finite amount of time
>>
>>8126567
if time were infinite in both directions you would be in that scenario.

also you are an fagot
>>
With surreal numbers, sure. But if you're laying a trap to spring some first mover bullshit on us, remember this: Just like a number line has no beginning or end, any arbitrary number can be picked. Similarly, an infinite or cyclical time/causal chain doesn't preclude a present.
>>
What are ordinal numbers? What is the first limit ordinal [math]\omega[\math]?
>>
>>8126567
You can develop a mathematical model were stuff happens at time $t_0$ and is preceded by stuff that happened at time $t_{-1}$, and so on. Whether or not this mathematical model corresponds to some physical reality is a borderline metaphysical question.
>>
>>8126936
You need to use /math not \math
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 1200x1081) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 1200x1081
>after
>a never-ending
>>
>>8127151
kek'd

this guy gets it

this thread is going in my saved thread of all time folder, maybe the last one to go there

you are all incapable of reasoning accurately about this, except perhaps the guy i quoted in this post

Guy I quoted in this post, what is your answer to the question?
>>
>>8126567
there was a vsauce video about that
>>
>>8127038
not him, let me try: [math]omega[/math]
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>8127617
[math]fuck her right in the pussy[/math]
>>
>>8127568
link?
>>
>>8126890
No you wouldn't. If time is infinite in both directions there is still no point from which an infinite amount of time passed to get to the present. If time has no beginning you can't measure how much time has passed since the beginning.
>>
>>8126567
So... what would the Thevenin Equivalent Impedance of that circuit be?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.