[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
University Textbooks and Syllabi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-04-23 07.44.47.jpg (55 KB, 584x590) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-23 07.44.47.jpg
55 KB, 584x590
Is it just my shitty UT campus or does every math department not tell you what text you need for the class until the first day of class?

What kind of retarded shit is this? Also no online syllabus or anything else. I hope this is not typical.
>>
>>8124176
It is typical. You don't need to start studying before the class begins.
>>
>>8124183
Even for a summer session with classes Monday through Friday? Seems a bit shortsighted but ok.
>>
>>8124185
post syllabus here and people can tell you what you need. otherwise, email the professor.
>>
>>8124176
There's probably a facebook page for the module, join that and ask someone who's already done the course there.
Or just ask the professor.
>>
>>8124176
we have a textbook section that lists required and reference texts for each class, but sometimes a professor may change some but we have a list
>>
>>8124195
it's too late for that. The next business day is the first day of class.

Also, I wasn't asking for advice. I was asking if this practice is a common one at university math departments.
>>
>>8124195
Also, if you read my post you'd know that no syllabus was provided. Again, hence my question, not about ME, but about is this PRACTICE a common one among universities. Jeezus. Reading comprehension much?
>>
>>8124233
yes, people usually assume interested students are competent enough to use google or email a professor if they have questions
>>
>>8124237
if you're too retarded to do anything but complain one day before the class starts, then it's your own damn fault. syllabi for past classes are usually online
>>
>>8124176
by UT you mean University of Texas right?

I know this is super irrelevant, but one time I saw a bat flying around in a math class room, it was great.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.