[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are games healthy in a small dose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
As the title says are the games good in small amount like exercise.I remember reading that playing games improves you decision making reactions etc.
>>
>>8123460
they're only good in large amount.
you don't excel in something by practicing once a week.
Sometimes competitive gaming is more exhausting and taxing than purely physical activity.
>>
>>8123460
All I know is that anime and videogames are the only thing I do in my free time and I am the #1 student at my university (studying mathematics).

I think that proves that videogames raise intelligence. Pretty much case closed.
>>
Large doses are always healthier than small doses.
>>
>>8123460
παν μέτρον άριστον.
Or in english
all in good measure, all in moderation.

Everything is fine as long as you don't overdo it, like work or games or whatever
>>
File: keyboardreferencesmall.jpg (940 KB, 1920x719) Image search: [Google]
keyboardreferencesmall.jpg
940 KB, 1920x719
>not playing independence war
enjoy your four key """challenges"""
>>
>>8123472
>>8123475
what?
>>8123474
yeah but you probably study way too much and have small amount of free time.
>>8123476
Its actually not.Lets not derail the thread since I made it about the health benefits of gaming.
>>
>>8123480
>autopilot fursuit

lmao
>>
>>8123480
I dont even have console just used this picture otherwise I will play something like dwarf fortress or games that requires good tactics to win.
>>
>>8123481
You sound underage if you think playing games is going to make you miraculously smarter.
>>
>>8123485
It's pursuit and it's not even available by default. You can upgrade later, although you have to either trade well for it or obtain it randomly from some loot.
>>
>>8123481
>you probably study way too much

I do not study. When tests are due I just sit at the library for about half an hour and do the relevant practice problems.

There are very few things to memorize so it is all about being sharp. Being good at math is not even related to how much time you put into it. I mean, between tests how many definitions are you taught per class? Maybe 5 tops. How many theorems related to those definitions? At most 10 and 9 of those 10 are always trivial so they don't even count.

>have small amount of free time.

This is partially true but not because I study, it is because I study and work.
I used to watch anime at the office and I even downloaded a couple of games into my work computer but I just started feeling bad that I'd go over 20 minutes just doing nothing relevant, specially after they started paying me very nicely.

Oh, and I read manga on my phone during class at university. Usually during calculus because holy fuck is that trivial.
>>
>>8123487
Do you have no reading comprehension?I asked if they can EVEN help.I just thought that they may boost a little your decision making and reactions like it says in the op.
>>
>>8123494
If you're gonna ask unverifiable popsci questions, I'm going to shitpost.
>>
>>8123460
Action games such as first person shooters can increase your reaction time and decision making under stress. But you will have to play it regularly over a long period of time for it to have that effect.
>>
>>8123460
Yes, most stem majors enjoy them. Normies hate them cause their minds aren't good enough to play them.
>>
>>8123481
>what?
what what? Is there anything you don't understand?
>>
>>8123534
>they're only good in large amount.
>>
>>8123540
as I said, playing in small amounts does nothing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.