[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Medicine Science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
Is Medicine Science?
>>
>>8122840
No. Yes. I mean no.
>>
>>8122840
It's both science and applied practice of the scientific discoveries.

In medicine some people can take the vocation of medics - and use the existing medical data and researches to help others, even have a career out of it.

There's also research in medicine - some medics do both - especially surgeons.
>>
>>8122840
Define science : the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
Medicine adheres to this, thus medicine is a science.
End of discussion.
>>
>>8122840
Medical research is science, medical practice is not.
>>
As a person who completed half of nursing school I can tell you that the only thing that is science is the machines and medicine. The rest is muh scalpel art and muh nursing care plans that can't use medical diagnosis.
>>
>>8122927
this sounds fair to me, so this. maybe you can call the practice applied science/engineering or whatever.
>>
No, but Chemistry is.
>>
>>8122937
Chemical engineering + biology*
>>
>>8122939
Hahahahahaha
Thanks, i needed that
>>
Yes.
>>
>>8122932
>nursing school
there's your problem.

I've been in med school for 2 years now and you learn so much on how medicine affects the body, the physiology, and more
Being a nurse is just "oh hi let me wipe your ass and get you some crackers"

Nursing- Helping a person without scientific methods

Doctor- Using scientific background to diagnose and treat patients
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.