[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we know why "deep" colors like in gems and gold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: PzKw1.jpg (160 KB, 1150x859) Image search: [Google]
PzKw1.jpg
160 KB, 1150x859
Do we know why "deep" colors like in gems and gold are attractive?
I was thinking maybe it's something to do with water, good, clean water being transparent or translucent
>>
Because we decided they are.

In a world where grey is a rare colour and only expensive materials have it, it would count as an attractive/beautiful colour.
>>
>>8119296
Grey is not rare you idiot. What are fucking rocks, what is granite, what colour are almost all pyrolitic compounds (stuff left over after burning). You're statement is dumb
>>
>>8119271
culture. good luck finding your way out
>>
>>8119315
>you
>reading comprehension
pick only one
>>
>>8119319
Good comeback =OD
>>
omg how the hell is that boat flying?!?!?!
>>
>>8119381
Nerve gas
>>
>>8119271
No one knows for sure, but your guess seems as valuable as anyone elses.

It's probably a combination of our brain loving the fuck out of clean geometry and easily categorizable shapes and the value we put into clear water because the alternative makes us sick.

Also clear eyes are a sign of good health
>>
>>8119315
Is there like a specific method you used to become this stupid? Fucking remarkable.
>>
>>8119315
I don't think you interpreted his statement correctly. If you haven't figured it out already, he was giving an example by saying that IF grey were rare in nature it would also be adored like gold. Just wanting to confirm that you have already deducted this and have apoligized for your misunderstanding.
>>
File: RingResonator_7.gif (2 MB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
RingResonator_7.gif
2 MB, 1000x700
>>8119271
the light waveforms emitted or reflected by this materials are less random then the ones you'd see normally in nature, I think molecular symmetry plays a big role in our perception of beauty and also in causing the shine.

also many people think that the rarer something is the more value it has.
>>
>>8119719
value = rarity * purpose
>>
Normal eyesight relates to brain chemistry. when we start talking things which evoke potential power of emotion that involves a lot more than just a simple circuit of electrochemical activity like the ocular region. It probably comes to cross region activity. Synesthesia. Or structures in the brain themselves and their relation to something like the psychoactive universe.
>>
>>8120336
value = rarity * purpose * preference
>>
>>8119315
This post is an work of art.
>>
>>8120356
value = apparent rarity * purported purpose * pleasure derived from imagined tactile contact
>>
>>8120416
>pleasure derived from imagined tactile contact
You dont have to touch something to value it
>>
File: BRAINSSSS-2.jpg (119 KB, 1154x120) Image search: [Google]
BRAINSSSS-2.jpg
119 KB, 1154x120
>>8119271
>Do we know why "deep" colors like in gems and gold are attractive?

Hi, Peter Wiggan... or should I say Rothschild?

Nice mind control constellation you have there...

It would be a shame if someone interrupted your attempt to turn the human population into wetware CPU's
>>
File: 1390823150877.jpg (31 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1390823150877.jpg
31 KB, 251x201
>>8120706
>normies won't understand the concept of Wetware CPUs so they fucked up the script
God fucking daaaamn. I've been struggling with the idea that humans were used as batteries in the movie since that would be thermodynamically impossible and also since there exists shit like nuclear energy. I wonder what else they dumbed down
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.