[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: nggger.jpg (20 KB, 347x257) Image search: [Google]
nggger.jpg
20 KB, 347x257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8
Check this shit out.
>>
>>8115757
Popsci must die.
>>
>>8115762
It's not meant to be a lecture. It's meant to engage viewers to get them into science. Not all pop sci is bad.

Except Niel smokeDeGrasse Tyson who should die in a fire.
>>
>>8115757
this just blew one of my minds
>>
>>8115774
> Not all pop sci is bad.
This is worse than spirit science
>>
>>8115757
>That condensing voice when speaking of intelligence

disgusting
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 313x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 313x499
>>8115774
>engage viewers to get into science

Meanwhile the video:

>WOW YOU HAVE TWO PERSON TRAPPED IN YA HEAD
>SPOOKY SHIT

Pic related is about engaging people with science. This video is about spooky half-truths and the "split personality" meme.
>>
>>8115774
>It's meant to engage viewers to get them into science
popsci shit does not get people into science. it gives them a sense of security with false knowledge
>>
>>8115757
>watch an actual video with an actual patient
>life/intelligence/personality/consciousness is just a social construct subtext is gone
>mind blowingness is also gone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLzP1VCANo

It's just the usual subconsciousness behavior taking over like when you're walking/driving home while being distracted by your thoughts and then not knowing how you arrived afterwards. The unique thing here is that it's easier to send/get stuff to/from the subconsciousness with a cut mind.

>>8115781

You need to work on your critical thinking skills.
>>
>>8115840
I disagree, everytime I find a video that states something scientific that sounds like complete bullshit, I research to find what's it really like. I don't think I'm the only one. Most of /sci/ are skeptical.
>>
This is the same author of of the 2014's AI meme "Humans Need Not Apply" you may have seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
It's a shitty video even if it's meant for children. Popsci apologetics, please leave.
>>
File: y u no fact check.jpg (194 KB, 731x960) Image search: [Google]
y u no fact check.jpg
194 KB, 731x960
>>8115857

Yeah but 99.5% of the population is too damn lazy to fact check stuff and that who this shit targets.
>>
>>8115849
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baddeley%27s_model_of_working_memory

He's mentioning at the end, what I think is part of working memory.
>>
>>8115863
There is a text format, because the text is what matters anyway, if you are not the average plebeian listening to music and video all day. I actually like it, to be honest. If you are going to watch the video anyway, because you are absolute shit, notice that the music "was written by an AI".
>>
>>8115757
There's a really good episode of House about this. I think it's the season finale of 4 or 5
>>
>>8115857
uh, you're on /sci/. you're already showing an exceptional interest in science, so it's retarded to use yourself as an example when most of these people find the video on their facebook feed, watch it, and then feel good about having put their brain to work and learning something for the day
>>
>>8115888
Here it is

http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/humans-need-not-apply
>>
>>8115892
Season 3 episode 15
http://imdb.com/title/tt0942528/
>>
Dolphins have three lobes.

The brain is handing information over to working memory to be formalized as speech, and speech and language are aspects of articulated thought. People do not need to think by means of language alone. Sometimes the mind is quiet, and you're washing dishes or doing something where you're not maintaining an internal dialog shows that thought alone is not solely constituted by means of words.

Even being that the lobes are separated, there is means by which the two areas can communicate by induction or proxy, as shown in some of the subjects who underwent the procedure. There may also be disparities in the population between what regions of the brain are consigned to carry out ordered behavior by development in childhood.

Most people don't like OP's video, because it is similar to the field of phrenology, and thus interpretations (even mine), are not commemorated by actual data.

It's all you, even the parts you don't "hear" inside your head.

Yet... You could be telepathic, if you like being autistic faggot.
>>
What do think of Sixty Symbols and in a nutshell?
>>
>>8115834
got anymore reccs like your pic familia?
>>
>>8115872
And 99.5% of the population is too lazy to fact check their fact checks.
>>
>>8115757
It's an over simplification. It doesn't become two brains until the corpus callosum is severed. Until then, the right brain is capable of sending information to the left just as the back is able to send it to the front.

If you split your brain in 18ths, do you have 18 people in your head?
>>
>>8115757
Oh, it's another one of those "let's speak very fast and use intelligent-sounding words while talking about shit I actually know very little about"-videos. Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>8116585
I'm not a native speaker, and he spokes neither fast nor used complicated vocabulary.

You may be genuinely retarded.
I'm not trying to insult you, just suggesting that an education in a mentally intensive subject may not be in your best interest to pursue.
You fucking nigger.
>>
Compete pseudo-science.
You can't go from minor research to making reaching statements.
That's always irrational.
Do people seriously not understand how infallible truth works?
Presumptions ARE NOT facts.
Presuming implications are not actual implications.
None of this video covers any science.
The narrator projects and mixes in baseless presumptions [and "understandings"] into what a study means.
>>
>>8116607
kek
>>
>>8116607
Thanks for the suggestion, dipshit. Also, I'm very impressed with your fluency in English. Say, which other languages do you also spokes?
>>
>>8116631
The video has 0 scientific studies references - and none posted in description - it's obviously a meme, ignore it.
>>
>>8116641
French so don't be impressed, i'm a retard that got his work cut in half due to the shared vocabulary.
>>
>lol btw if u say im wrong its proves my point u have two brains haha im right haha lol
Great video.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.