[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Would You Do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: SciGroup.jpg (518 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
SciGroup.jpg
518 KB, 1000x667
You are part of a small research team employed and funded by a major bio-pharm company. Your team discovers an incredible, relatively inexpensive method to induce biological immortality. No one else currently knows of this revelation. Being the leader and the most decisive of the team, your fellow researchers look to you on what to do next. Understanding that your next decision could alter the entire course for yourself and humanity, what would you do?
>>
>>8115410
kill'em all and sell it to pfizer for 100 octillion buckaroos
>>
>>8115410
Publish publicly.
Fuck the man.
>>
File: 1459452032527.jpg (42 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1459452032527.jpg
42 KB, 500x450
Leak the info on /sci/
>>
>>8115410
Hire contracts on my colleagues' lives to silence them. Keep the research for myself, become immortal, live out as long as possible. Set up a failsafe that sends the research online if I prematurely die, where I have to type in a password to my computer program every X weeks to prevent it from going online. Indulge the secrets only to the people I deem worthy of being immortal in my travels. If I have candidates for immortality, destroy the failsafe or entrust it to them, and build an empire along with their help, if I haven't as of yet.
>>
do it for the lolz desu
>>
But anon, immortality is impossible
>>
>>8115410
wave my penis at traffic
>>
kill the hole team, set lab on fire, stop carreer, delete all work, never talk about it, hope duerrenmatt was wrong for the rest of your life
>>
Find a cute girl and ask her if she thinks time travel is possible
>>
>>8115410
treat myself, my wife and children with it. Dodge the system and get off the grid completely
Publish publicly and watch the chaos unfold.
Hilarity ensues
>>
Publish all research and ensure it becomes mainstream, should be fun
>>
>>8115410
patent it
>>
Biological and Immortality are antonyms.
Not because all current biological organisms die, but because life is partially defined death.
It's demarcation.
If we didn't die, we'd move into the area of abstract constructs; ie; immortal machines/constructs built by nature to carry out whatever task we do.
Eventually, given enough time, sentience would be meaningless because we'd tire and meaning would have no meaning because we would lose nothing, therefore nothing would be precious/meaningful.
>>
>>8117171
Nah, fuck that.
Death sucks bro.
I want to live forever.
>>
Publish it. If history shows anything, it's that the same discoveries often independently happen several times within a small timescale by different people. In other words, there's no stopping the consequences either way. But there is profit to be made, and lessons to be learned.
>>
>>8117171
>implying
>>
>>8117171
>Eventually, given enough time, sentience would be meaningless because we'd tire and meaning would have no meaning
And then you allow yourself to die.

Eureka solved that one.
>>
Tell everyone to go home for the day while I contemplate the moral and ethical consequences of releasing this information publicly.

Then I would shitpost about it on /sci/
>>
File: 1464803780946.jpg (47 KB, 507x612) Image search: [Google]
1464803780946.jpg
47 KB, 507x612
>>8118368
>contemplate the moral and ethical consequences
Did someone say trolley problem thread? Trolley problem thread.
>>
>>8118420
theres a big one on /lit/ atm
>>
>>8115410
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdCB9yE9Hcc
Obligatory
>>
>>8118427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBVCi0PmW24
>>
>>8117171
spook check spook check spook check congrats u managed to say nothing
>>
>>8117028
Wasn't there some type of jellyfish that could extend its lifespan by reverting to it's polyp-fase ('childhood' if you will) that alowed it to live for an undetermined time?
>>
File: 1455249570080.jpg (5 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1455249570080.jpg
5 KB, 240x232
>>8117031
Psycho...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.