[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Fell for the CompSci meme > Heap allocator assignment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: r_surprised.jpg (30 KB, 362x282) Image search: [Google]
r_surprised.jpg
30 KB, 362x282
> Fell for the CompSci meme
> Heap allocator assignment given out 1 1/2 weeks ago, due tomorrow
> just started
> should i just kill myself?
>>
File: 1438549064022.png (944 B, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
1438549064022.png
944 B, 500x438
just locate the heap bro
>>
If you can't do something as simple as allocating memory on the heap and then deleting it when you're done, you shouldn't be in the CS department.

Try Gender Studies.
>>
>>8114884
>regretting my major during a second-year course that should be first-year
No one feels bad for you. Pick a new major.
>>
I'd guess the organization knows what to do, so please leave your requests where they can be documented.
>>
>>8114884
Is this assignment literally just asking you to familiarize yourself with "malloc" and "free" commands (or their equivalent in another language)? That would be literally content of any first semester programming course. Or am I missing something here?
>>
>>8114884
Apparently you fell for the "I'm not too lazy for college" meme.

Everyone is making fun of you, OP. Who's next?
>>
>>8114948
OP probably meant to say "implementing" instead of allocating. The data structure heap, not memory
>>
>>8114884
Just keep a fuckin free list bro.
>>
>>8114884
>> should i just kill myself?
Yes.
But you could also try doing your assignment instead of shitposting on /sci/.

Also it is not very hard.
>>
>>8114954
I'm a better code nerd than most CS majors and almost started a degree this year. I've realized I'm too lazy for college and going to put my financial aid towards getting a cert in professional labor. Keep hobbies as hobbies, get a job instead of a debt. Are you proud of me mom? I suggest others consider this path as well. I find the bigger meme is "i want an easy job with insane pay so i can be above others".
>>
>>8117360
If you're a sentient being, there's no reason you cannot overcome your laziness and work harder.

>inb4 pseudoscience psychology posts
>>
>>8117363
A CS degree is hard work? Labor is hard work. Laziness is a separate issue.
>>
yeah well I have an interpreter for a subset of prolog due tomorrow and that took like less than an hour
>>
>>8117395
Which is why everyone thinks OP is an idiot. CS is easy. I did a three-part raytracer assignment throughout the whole quarter of my CG course and each part took me 2 hours. I'm formally learning linear algebra right now, this was before I knew what the fuck I was doing.
>>
You're going to the wrong school.
>>
>>8117674
All schools for CS are garbage
>>
>>8114884
You can steal mine. It's on github. Look fir projects called "malloc".
It's the shittiest one that doesnt segfaults
>>
>>8117728
>SELECT * FROM projects WHERE name="malloc" AND segfaults=false ORDER BY shittiness
>>
>>8117682
no
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.