[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i was thinking about how bascially the human race are stuck on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1462825209319.jpg (73 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462825209319.jpg
73 KB, 577x1024
i was thinking about how bascially the human race are stuck on planet earth with no practical actual way of space travelling.

we probably won't find a way to visit the nearest habitable planet in our lifetime.

we'll probably kill ourselves in 2075 during the scramble for resources too.

so i ask, what's the fucking point in doing science?

we're just gonna die anyway, and we will never be able to travel the stars.
>>
>>8112830
Mars is habitable anon. We can travel into space on a rocket anon. Read a book anon.
>>
>>8112830
>>>/lit/
>>
Use nukes to move phobos beyond the roche limit.
>>
>>8112837
>mars
>relevant
>>
>>8112855
It's like try to move tank by shooting from slingshot
>>
File: 1846_aaed.jpg (33 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1846_aaed.jpg
33 KB, 624x352
>>8112856
>he doesn't want to own a mansion on mars
>>
>>8112830
Those are screwdriver heads lol what a dumb bitch smhtbhfam
>>
>>8112830
>what's the fucking point in doing science
no point. all what happen on the earth is just a determenistic process of high level organization of matter. Like in Petri dish
>>
>>8112862
Exactly. Hit a tank in orbit with a slingshot and it will fall into the atmosphere within a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>8112830
>how bascially the human race are stuck on planet earth with no practical actual way of space travelling.
We're already having this thread, right next door:
>>8111844
>>
>>8112830
Its just another distraction before we die, we all need them in some form.
>>
>>8113035
You would escape the orbit, than deorbit that tank.
Thinking about it, it might be impossible, because at some point you would fly relative to the tank with the same speed as the projectile from the slingshot. At this point you would be able to accelerate yourself, but retrograde thrust for the tank would be impossible. At this point you would have to make some retrograde thrust yourself.
>>
I think orbital colonies and large scale stations would bea better bet for us.
>>
>>8112837
>Mars is habitable

Not with that low gravity.
>>
>>8112873
>Being b8ed this hard.
Top zoz, gb2/r9k/ retard.
>>
>>8112830
It sounds like someone needs a good dose of optimistic Einstein quotes!
>>
>>8114188
Why?
>>
>>8112830
There lots of maybies and no certainties in that post. Do you know how we turn maybes into certainties? Science
>>
File: Mars U Dean.png (187 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
Mars U Dean.png
187 KB, 500x374
>>8112830
Thank you for that image OP, I'm going to torture /k/ with it. I know how they love assault rifles.

>>8112867
Roboooooooot house!
Human beings will probably never leave this star system, and that's just fine by me. If we can colonize Mars and the Belts we're safe for extra billion+ years.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.