[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microwave weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Is it possible to create a weapon that can vaporize water supplies using microwaves (not the appliance) ?

Kind of like in the first batman movie?

This kind of weapon would be invaluable for asymmetrical warfare. What are the physics of this kind of weapon?
>>
>>8109008
>trying to boil water
it's literally the most retarded thing you could ever think of.
>>
>>8109016
what do you mean?
>>
The only microwave based weapon I know of is the Active Denial System.
It's a type of nonlethal weapon that never saw any combat use.

You aim it at people and it heats their water and fat.
It reaches /just/ deep enough into their skin to scald their nerves.
Which is extremely painful.
No long-term damage though.

>>8109018
Not that Anon, but it's a really inefficient way to tamper with water supplies.
>>
>>8109025
I've heard of that.

I was hoping to use those kinds of water to completely dry out an area. Like a rebellious city or at a dam.

What are better ways of tampering with water supplies? Just poisoning it?
>>
>>8109036
>those kinds of weapons

whoops
>>
>>8109018
you're better off shooting some biological threat in instead of boiling all that water. I'm not sure you realize. The fucking sun is heating that shit all year long and it stays liquid. Unless you come up with a nuke big enough to boil that water, it's not going anywhere
>>
>>8109045
Are there any way to make any entire enemy water supply unuseable? Perhaps chemical weapons?
>>
>>8109058
that's what I said

biological weapon or chemical weapon should do the trick
>>
>>8109070
not weapon but contamination
>>
>>8109008
Microwaves as weapons can have 3 settings, roughly.
1: low fry: will castrate all men caught in the beam. Seriously. Look it up if you don't believe me. people will be unhappy especially midwives losing their jobs.

2: harder fry: all caught in the beam will go blind. The retina has limited cooling and is easily overheated. This is a bit shaky in terms of rules of war so you'd better round up everyone and burn the bodies before anyone finds out.

3: deep fry: overheating and death. This requires quite a lot of power and you will boil water puddles before you kill people this way.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.