[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Organization thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Calendar-2015-Cyan-Design.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Calendar-2015-Cyan-Design.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
Ideal calendar system?

Is there a better system to organize the weeks, months and days than the current one?

Just like we have Kelvin (although nobody uses).

And some people say there are benefits to having numbers up to base 12 (or even 60).

Discuss all of this, this is a thread for organization.
>>
bump, i've heard there's some scientific calendar that proposes 7x4 months.
>>
lunar calendar.
>>
File: Perfect Calendar.png (138 KB, 1920x1775) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Calendar.png
138 KB, 1920x1775
>>8108156
>>
>>8108156
We should just measure time in Ctime.

For example, right now it is the 1464558333922th.

Hey, I have a meeting at 1464558536800!

My birthday party starts at 1464558500232!

I graduate uni at 1464563038992

Simple, comfy, objective.
>>
>>8108891
kek
>>
>>8108883
Im not a christian, but I like that calender much better than the current one.
>>
What about the tranquility calendar or something like that?
>>
the moon calendar is clearly superior.

If you go out during the day and look at the sky, can you easily tell what day it is without any instruments?

Whereas if you go out at dusk, and look at the moon, you can tell exactly what day it is in the lunar calendar.
>>
>>8108156
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Republican_Calendar
> 10 day week
> decimal time
> every month has same number of days
> every month is exactly three weeks
>>
>>8109356
this one's pretty good.
>>
>>8109356
>French Republican

Fuck no
>>
>>8108156
Mayan calendar was a pretty cool moon calendar. Too bad we can't use it now. Cause it ended. What are ya gonna do?
>>
>>8109352
>the moon calendar is clearly superior.
Except it isn't.
Do you want holidays, etc. to rotate through the calendar like Ramadan?
What about solstices, etc.?
What about memorial day/labor day marking the beginning and end of cultural summer?
That's an awful lot of added complication just to gain "I can tell the date by the phase of the moon", which is bullshit anyway.
Could you really distinguish between the fourth and fifth days of the lunar cycle just by looking at the moon?
>>
File: scaletowidth[1].jpg (126 KB, 849x560) Image search: [Google]
scaletowidth[1].jpg
126 KB, 849x560
>>8109394
>Do you want holidays, etc. to rotate through the calendar like Ramadan?
>What about memorial day/labor day marking the beginning and end of cultural summer?

>That's an awful lot of added complication just to gain "I can tell the date by the phase of the moon", which is bullshit anyway.

you DO realize it wouldn't move with respect to that calendar if we just all adopted it right

you are clearly not a smart person, this calendar is not for the likes of you to understand.

>Could you really distinguish between the fourth and fifth days of the lunar cycle just by looking at the moon?
yes, it's pretty obvious desu
>>
1 day for every month.

(Calendars are arbitrary measures of time)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.