[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visiting from /co/. I have a poop question: When you hold it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Colon-and-Rectum.jpg (34 KB, 213x216) Image search: [Google]
Colon-and-Rectum.jpg
34 KB, 213x216
Visiting from /co/. I have a poop question:

When you hold it in due to an emergency/playing games/car ride, the urge eventually dissipates. What causes this dissipation? The feeling to shit will eventually return, but what's the process that makes the feeling go away?
>>
The rectum stops contracting.
>>
peristaltic waves

you don't cause it to go away, it goes away on its own, and comes back later.
>>
Right on. Thanks for the info.
>>
Mostly >>8107636.

Also of note,
your colon continues to extract things nutrients/water/etc from your feces while it waits for you to shit.
So you do actually have less to shit the long er you wait.

But waste product also gets reabsorbed (normally in small quantities), and at the point where there's essentially nothing else to get reabsorbed
(which is around the point you normally try to shit) you'll only be reabsorbing toxins your body is trying to remove.
So shit responsibly and shit on time. Also, the more water you absorb from your shit the harder the shit is to pass.
>>
File: 1460583913073.jpg (63 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1460583913073.jpg
63 KB, 592x492
>>8108959
>So shit responsibly
>>
Since we are talking about poop:

Can someone explain me how exactly the process works? Where exactly does the poop collect? When you are constipated what exactly do you do when you press? When do you get the feeling of having emptied out everything? Can the poop get stuck in the rectum? If yes: what can lead to this?
>>
>>8108959
>But waste product also gets reabsorbed

So what happens if you go to sleep constipated?
>>
>>8109187

Take some laxatives and doze off.

t. my friend now knows about Hershey's kisses.
>>
What is going on when I know I need to go but also know that I won't be able to? An uncomfortable feeling of fullness without the urgent feeling to go to the toilet.
>>
>>8109264
Bumping for this. I've always wondered.

Assumed it was either gas or irritation since it usually happens after I eat spicy food.
>>
>>8107630
The earlier answers in this thread aren't really complete.

You feel the urge to defecate when feces is in your rectum. "The urge" is caused by the pressure sensed by the nerves in the rectal walls.

When the urge "goes away" it's because the material is returned from the rectum to the sigmoid colon, so it doesn't put pressure on the rectal walls anymore.
>>
>>8109264
>>8110230
Not sure which feeling you describe but it could be gas or feces in the upper arch of the sigmoid colon which can put pressure on the rectum.
>>
>>8110514
Thanks mang.
>>
File: 1438216391183.png (221 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1438216391183.png
221 KB, 500x377
Me mum's an eco health freak and offered me some anus pills for a good gut flora or something like that.

But how does the content of the pill spread out to the entire intestines if it's a one way system?
>>
>>8110635
it's not

look up stool transplant
(btw it's the only way to cure C. Difficile)
>>
>>8110663
Welp, also read that the intestines should control a lot more of our physical and psychical mind that we knew before.

Was on some anus pills last year to heal some bleeding, now mum thinks those pills completely bombed the bacteria I had.
Wouldn't they grow back or spread out by themselves after a while anyway?
>>
>>8110669
not sure, you can harm your intestinal flora pretty badly.
I think stuff like yoghurt helps, but "anus pills with bacteria in them" could be helpful.
Honestly I wouldn't do it without asking a doctor about it first though.
>>
File: drink.jpg (48 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
48 KB, 344x345
>>8110681
Aye, why I told her "yeah, no".
Guess a bit of yoghurt for a couple of days would be more safe.
Is there a way to see or feel if your gut flora has bombed? I feel pretty normal and so does my toilet visits.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.