[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sci programs thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I have an idea to make ionocraft pic related practical, but I don't want to accidentally an hero fiddling around with high voltages.

whats some free physics simulation software that has good electric field and fluid dynamics support.
>>
>>8102607
ayy lmao
can't be done, use a propeller boy.
>>
>>8102607

High voltages mean jack shit. A simulator like that is expensive as fuck and there are no cracked versions. Besides that, you would need a little beast to crunch that shit.

Just do it, and respect ohm's law for your own security.
>>
>>8102771
>Your listed concern proves that you don't know your shit, so just do it and be safe.
>>
one of the common ways of powering a ionocraft is to rip out the power supply of a crt.

my alterations to the design will be increasing the current through the device effectively making it deadlier than a tube tv.

lifters are functionally capacative as in momentarily storing a tv's charge.

and my design will theoretically greatly increase the amount of force this thing will generate.

so if my design works I will have created a highly charged device that can move like a rocket if it doesn't rip itself apart in an explosion of charged shrapnel.

so yeah even playing it safe I'd like to know as much as I can before I actually start making a prototype
>>
>>8102607
ioncraft isn't working on Earth fukboi, good try though, ion propulsion only effective in space.
>>
>>8102995
youtube/watch?v=01F8V5IhB5k

ionocraft work on earth their just so weak you can't really do much with them, thats one of the things I'm trying to fix.
>>
>>8102771
>> simulators are expensive
Nope use OpenFOAM it's free as in freedom.

No simulator can do this sort of stuff out of the box though. I sure hope you know how to solve PDEs. Oh and electrohydrodynamics, it's navier stokes with extra terms

>>8102941
More current = more power consumed. And what do you do about arcing?
>>
>>8103021
>OpenFOAM
Different anon but thank you so much for this. I hate closed-source proprietary shitware controlled by a singular entity, and the oldschool software economy.
>>
>>8102941

Your shit, your idea is probably shit and the effort to simulate your idea accurately will be 1000x harder than just making a scale model and testing the fucker.

Just build it fagot.
>>
>>8103003
That's why I said "ion propulsion only effective in space"
>>
>>8102607
>The-electric-hotdog-must-return-to-his-planet-his-people-need-him.jpg
top kek
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.