[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got done watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Trapped.png (129 KB, 737x486) Image search: [Google]
Trapped.png
129 KB, 737x486
Just got done watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4yYHdDSWs

This video doesn't say why we'd be limited to the local group.

According to google, space is expanding at 74.3 km/s/megaparsec. Things just over 13 billion light years away are moving away at faster than the speed of light.

Also, since at all distances closer than that the expansion of space would be less than the speed of light, the fact that space would be expanding while the light was traveling should not matter.

Sure light that we see may be from things that are no longer reachable, but wouldn't 13 billion light years be the real limit of possibility?
>>
File: 2374931.jpg (50 KB, 318x396) Image search: [Google]
2374931.jpg
50 KB, 318x396
>astrophysics
>>
File: uberfeel.gif (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
uberfeel.gif
48 KB, 600x600
>>
This whole video is kind of pointless because it only accounts for our current understanding of physics which will undoubtedly change drastically by the far future relevant to this video. It's entirely possible that we will be able to bypass the speed of light or even leave this universe if there is such a thing as multiverses.
>>
>with current technology it would take 1,000s of years for a human to reach the next star
This is horseshit, alpha centauri is 4 light years from earth.. voyager is estimated to reach it 25 years from now.
I'm not sure how viable this video is
>>
>>8101050
Kek
>>
>>8101188
no
>>
>>8101316
> voyager is estimated to reach it 25 years from now.

More like 40 000
>>
I know nothing about astrophysics or cosmology, but how can we be sure that this kind of future isolation effect of our future galaxy isn't the situation that has happened with say, our current universe and other universes?

Maybe its something to do with the big bang, the older I get the concept of the "beginning of our universe" fucks with me more and more.
>>
>>8101365
Your right I just double checked, no fucking idea where I got that number
>>
>>8101365
Well this article was a fucking let down

http://www.space.com/22783-voyager-1-interstellar-space-star-flyby.html
>>
the only way out is to jump into the blackhole in the middle of the milky way galaxy and jettison out at a speed faster than light
>>
>>8101316
voyager is certainly not moving at 0.16c
kindly gtfo
>>
>>8101470
I know I mixed up info. Some reason on the Google search 25 years just so happen to be the beginning and end of a new paragraph and the 40000 year part was cut off. Bad coincidence I knew it was too good to be true. AND to find out Shit is going to die in 2025.. cool
>>
File: 1459537642090.png (108 KB, 240x285) Image search: [Google]
1459537642090.png
108 KB, 240x285
>>8100978
This is confirmed fact.
Alright everyone group sodoku
>>
>>8101183
Something something sharpie
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.