[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suppose I have a categories [math]C, D[/math] and a functor [math]F:C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1449719251563.png (326 KB, 494x552) Image search: [Google]
1449719251563.png
326 KB, 494x552
Suppose I have a categories [math]C, D[/math] and a functor [math]F:C \to D[/math].

Is there a formal construction for the category of objects of [math]C[/math] decorated with the objects of [math]D[/math]?
>>
>>8100871
Sci isn't for homework, kiddo.
>>
>>8100906
This aint homework, undergrad.
>>
File: 1433719788464.jpg (50 KB, 522x583) Image search: [Google]
1433719788464.jpg
50 KB, 522x583
>>8100909
>asks an undergrad question
>uses "undergrad" as an insult
>>
>>8100915
>universal constructions in category theory
>undergrad
It should be a two line answer, answer it if it's so easy. Yeah, didn't think so.
>>
>>8100917
If you're already struggling with the definition of "functor", then you shouldn't be in university at all.
>>
>>8100929
>struggling with the definition of "functor"
What gave you that idea?
>you shouldn't be in university at all.
Already finished Masters in mathematics with 1st...
>>
>>8100937
Would peoole really go on the Internet and just tell lies? :,(
Most of category theory belongs in undergrad, honestly.
>>
>>8100940
You don't seem to even understand the question. If you did you would be able to describe the construction explicitly without using universal constructions. Go for it mate. Again, it's only two lines. Yeah, didn't think so.

You can stop embarrassing yourself now.
>>
>>8100917
This was covered in my undergrad.
>>
>>8101018
this is figuratively you
>>8098237
>>
>>8100871
Holy fuck his eyes
>>
What does decorated mean? You cab form the prodict of categories, if that's what you're looking for
>>
>>8100871
>decorated
Define your terms. This is math and not arts.
>>
>>8100937
>Masters in mathematics with 1st...

You don't get given a classification for a masters, it's either pass or fail. If you did an integrated """""masters"""""" then you got a clarification for your undergrad and then passed your masters.
>>
>>8100871
are you just talking about C-diagrams in D?

if that's the case, there is no "construction", its just one way of looking at the basic definition of what a functor is.
>>
>>8100917
also, basic universal constructions can and should be taught by 5 if not 4th semester of undergrad. that is like the 30 page intro chapter 0 stuff.
>>
>this thread
>this board
I'm out, cya
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.