[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post a subject or skill that everyone should be a master of in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: singapore-header.jpg (119 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
singapore-header.jpg
119 KB, 800x400
Post a subject or skill that everyone should be a master of in your opinion.

Mine are:
Philosophy (Ayn Rand's Objectivism)
Logic
Math
Personal Finance
Basic Economics
Nutrition/Body Health
Computer Programming

And build your specialization on top. Why computer programming? Because computers are huge value creators relative to price/energy expended.
>>
>>8100353
>Philosophy (Ayn Rand's Objectivism)
so that everyone can see just how batshit and retarded it is?
>>
>>8100353
Ayn Rand is not a significant philosopher, and Objectivism is wildly anti intellectual lighthearted nonsense.
>>
>>8100353
>>8100363
>>8100385
>Successful bait thread in action
>>
>>8100353
>>Philosophy (Ayn Rand's Objectivism)
>ayn rand

whoa dude
well i agreed half way.
>>
Epistemological Logic
Empirical Science
Economic and Game Theory
The Art of Fucking
Kung Fu
Food Shit
Being a SMMMOOOOTH Pimp Dadday That Loves the Pussy
Art, Music, Poetry
Allegorical History
Nutsack Tapping
Wizardry
Broomstick Skills
>>
>>8100353
I would add history to that list, it helps a lot in having an understanding of the current state of your nation and the world. You really get a good picture of why the world is the way it is by studying history.
>>
Epistemology
Formal logic
Abstract algebra
Bait theory
Programming
Weightlifting
>>
>>8100639
>Bait theory
Almost as cringeworthy as
>Weightlifting
All evolved people are naturally ripped.
Manlet piece of crap. Or is that CARP?
CARP CARP CARP CARP.
>>
>>8100353
>Philosophy (Ayn Rand's Objectivism)
*tips*
>Logic
*tips*
>Math
Maybe geometry and algebra, but Chuck Stupidfuck has no need of calculus.
>Personal Finance
Agreed.
>Basic Economics
Agreed.
>Nutrition/Body Health
Agreed.
>Computer Programming
Somewhat agree, it is useful to know at least some programming.

Also Ayn Rand is objectively shit and you should feel bad for endorsing her "philosophy". Yes, it's really that bad. Just her talking about Kant is some of the worst shit I've ever read.
>>
Category Theory
>>
>>8100654
>Chuck Stupidfuck has no need of calculus.
I think that everyone should understand the relationship between derivatives and integrals, at least enough to gain intuition for position <-> velocity <-> acceleration, whether they can do the math well or not. I agree with everything else.
>>
Everyone should "master" math?
'Everyone?' Everyone should be a master of math, didn't even specify basic math, but math? Are you retarded?
>>
>>8100662
You need at least knowledge of abstract algebra to understand anything. So its pretty much a must.
>>
>>8100654
>knowing logic is fedora-tier
>>
>>8100363
>>8100385
>>8100654
Today it's fashionable to hate on Ayn Rand. Except nobody has any arguments against her philosophy. Yes, she made mistakes.
But her philosophy is fundamentally sound and provides huge value to the anyone who knows it.

People dismiss her because she made novels, or was popular, or hated Kant, or she had a cultish following. But if you think about it, all these people "reason" based on emotions. They "feel" that her philosophy is bad, and offer no logical arguments to refute it, which is pretty shit considering that these people are supposed to be intellectuals. They're just as retarded as Joe next door, but they have more vocabulary game to protect their fragile egos.
>>
File: .jpg (40 KB, 750x373) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
40 KB, 750x373
Thriving in power dynamics.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.