[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any book dedicated to learning Maths from the ground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: a0JpyWi.jpg (17 KB, 480x401) Image search: [Google]
a0JpyWi.jpg
17 KB, 480x401
Is there any book dedicated to learning Maths from the ground up? Like basically something that is quite comprehensive in teaching the fundamentals of maths?
>>
I've been wondering this as well. I could start with algebra and refresh fairly quickly, but ideally I really ought to start at the beginning.
>>
>>8099780

I'm comfortable with integral and differential calculus. Just my fundamentals are quite weak and there are a lot of gaps in my knowledge
>>
>>8099780
Learn mathematical logic and how to do simple proofs. How to prove it is a book that is self contained and very simple with the mathematics. If you do this then you'll cut down the time needed to learn mathematics in half as everything will be processed intuitivly
>>
>>8099827

Sure that isn't a bit too advanced for me? Like i only have high school math knowledge
>>
>>8099785
>>8099780
This is probably babby's first post on here, but I'm new so.

Khan academy has interactive exercises that start way down at preschool level and go up a little bit. It's possibly a waste of time for most to start all the way down, but it lets you go through the ropes, in a way.

I like it. At least I know just how retarded I am now.
>>
>>8099875
If the anon above is talking about the book by Velleman, than you should be able to read it quite easily.
>>
>>8099780
Basic Math by Lang.
>>
>>8100065
This is a shit fucking book. Don't use it, OP. Tons of errors.
>>
>>8099780
Just get a precalc book (there's some California-edition algebra/precalc book on Amazon for like $30 or something), a speed arithmetic book, and a book on proofs. Like How to Prove It or The Book of Proof.

Those three will be enough. There are the Bourbaki books and the Gelfand series but those don't have answers to exercises (and in the former case, pretty sure not even exercises)
>>
the math tutor dvd series (available on KAT) is really helpful.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.