[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there methods to remember what you read besides spaced repetition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1445449156099.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1445449156099.gif
2 MB, 320x320
are there methods to remember what you read besides spaced repetition? if i read some book now i know i'm not going to remember most of it in about a month unless i review it. are there methods that make this less difficult?
>>
>>8099160
genetics
>>
>>8099160

just think about it a lot.
good gif btw
>>
>>8099160
If you really want to remember something I'd suggest writing a summary of it. Not type a summary, but write one.
>>
Explaining/teaching other people stuff helps you understand it better and discover weak areas in your knowledge, so you should talk about interesting problems in your field with other people if it's feasible, or just imagine that you're explaining something to someone (works for math and things like that). For programming I would recommend doing more complex projects that require the use of multiple concepts.

>>8099313
>muh handwriting muh memory
afaik the important thing about handwriting is that it is slower than typing, so you are forced to re-formulate what your prof says in your own words when you take notes, so if OP is writing a summary, then I don't think it matters that much.
>>
>>8099764
Fucking Christ, it's just a shitty gif, and neither girl is even attractive. Hell, the left is pretty pleb tier. Fucking weeaboos...
>>
>>8099313
>>8099732
i was thinking about stuff i could do while reading the material that wouldn't take me that much time. if i *really* wanted to learn some material, i could do that with spaced repetition and practice. i know how to do that. but it bothers me that i don't remember most stuff i read. not that i don't *master* the stuff i've read, but i forget most of it a few days later. i don't know if it's just a tradeoff i have to live with
>>
File: .jpg (105 KB, 626x391) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
105 KB, 626x391
>>8099160
Get money or power and hire someone to know things for you.
>>
>>8100855
they could try to manipulate me
>>
>>8099160
Loci method and it's variations is the only one that actually works and is used by everyone you see on those memory competitions.
>>
>>8102730
Also the Link method.

That's literally it for methods that are known to work.
>>
haha lmao
>>
Stupid gif.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.