[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the purpose of capacitors at 5 and 8? sometihng with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: reeterye.jpg (69 KB, 1253x716) Image search: [Google]
reeterye.jpg
69 KB, 1253x716
what is the purpose of capacitors at 5 and 8? sometihng with reduycing the influence of capacitance of conductor?
>>
Been a while since I've done audio stuff.
It's probably just filtering out noise in the ground plane. Audio stuff is sensitive like that.
>>
>>8098916
filtering high frequency perturbations.
I think it's called decoupling capacitor in english
>>
>>8098925
>>8098927
how does it filter noise?
>>
>>8098939
Since a capacitor behaves like an open circuit for high frequencies (i.e., noise in a signal), all the crap you want gets attenuated before it can enter the op amp.
>>
>>8098949
All the crap you DON'T want***
>>
>>8098949
>Since a capacitor behaves like an open circuit for high frequencies
Sorry, but that's backwards.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_reactance#Capacitive_reactance
>Capacitive reactance is an opposition to the change of voltage across an element.
>Capacitive reactance \scriptstyle{X_C} is inversely proportional to the signal frequency \scriptstyle{f} (or angular frequency ω) and the capacitance \scriptstyle{C}.[1]
>>
>>8098949
>open circuit for high frequencies
isn't that supposed to describe instructors and not capacitors?
>>
>>8099034
y, I think he just made a mistake.

Normally the circuit doesn't include a capacitor, it's just a wire.

So if we want the behavior to stay the same at low frequencies, and to cut high frequencies, a capacitor is good: behaves like a wire at low frequencies, and open circuit at high freq
>>
>>8099066
so why are 5 and 8 capacitors instead of instructors?
>>
>>8099086
I don't know what more you want me to say to be honest
>>
File: TDA2822M.png (68 KB, 724x447) Image search: [Google]
TDA2822M.png
68 KB, 724x447
>>8098916
>purpose of capacitors at 5 and 8?
Supply voltage rejection and soft start (less 'pop' at power-up). That's why they are so large.
>influence of capacitance of conductor?
Stability on complex load? That's what the 0u1/4R7 combo at the output is for.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.