[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When cooling down a hot room, is it better to point a fan out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: wind_turbine_airflow5a.jpg (51 KB, 473x250) Image search: [Google]
wind_turbine_airflow5a.jpg
51 KB, 473x250
When cooling down a hot room, is it better to point a fan out to get rid of the hot air, or point the fan in to input cold air?
>>
>>8097710
If there's only one channel for the air to flow, they would both accomplish the same thing. You're not creating a vacuum when you turn a fan outside; an equivalent amount of air is coming into the room.
>>
>>8097710
If the fan is low to the ground, in and pointing up
>>
Better to aim it along a wall to get air circulating. It'll create a current that moves air in and out of the room.
>>
>>8097710
fan blowing out
if the fan motor produces any heat it won't have to move through the room to exit
Otherwise there isn't much difference other than convenience
>>
>>8097710
Two windows and both or get central air, poorfag.
>>
Fans don't input or output temperatures.
They move air around.
This has a cooling effect, but cool air isn't "sucked" into it and spat out, and "warmer air" isn't suck into and blown out.
>>
>>8097710
Point the fan in so that it pushes the air with moisture out.
>>
File: Yazdandaste.jpg (5 KB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
Yazdandaste.jpg
5 KB, 260x173
>>8097710
Outgoing hot air fan, because it decreases the temperature and pressure simultaneously, so the effect is consistent on both sides of the ideal gas equation pv=nrt.

The cold air input increases the pressure, so the temperature might stay the same, depending on the temperature gradient and windspeed of the fan.
>>
>>8098044
OP here. I am using a fan to move the cold outside air in or move the hot inside air out. I'm aware fans don't generate hot or cold air.
>>
Assuming the fan is place next to an open window with cool air outside, blowing inward would be most effective. If you blow outward you're just moving warm air elsewhere in the house into your room whereas blowing inward brings in cool air.
>>
blow it out your ass
>>
File: 1439949021893.gif (1 MB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
1439949021893.gif
1 MB, 150x113
>>8097721
>Not creating a vacuum to get optimal coldness
>>
vent top outward with fan, lower passive

fan pointed at you best feeling while overheating, then you get cold and it's annoying

can't win
>>
>>8099425
>I am using a fan to move the cold outside air in or move the hot inside air out.
if you have only 1 opening (window or door) you're not going to move much air into or out of the room.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.