[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say I just got shot in my leg (thigh, no bone). How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 34124.jpg (25 KB, 615x293) Image search: [Google]
34124.jpg
25 KB, 615x293
Let's say I just got shot in my leg (thigh, no bone). How do I fix my wound without going to the hospital, and without needing too many instruments and drugs? Do I have any chance to clean and close the wound without infections and whatnot?
>>
>>8095966
no.
>>
>>8095966
That movie was good ok
>>
>>8095969
You know when he puts gun powder on that huge nasty cut on his throat then lights it up? Would that really work in any way?
>>
>>8095976
Try cauterizing a bullet wound with gunpowder and report back with pics of result.
>>
>>8095976
Yes, cauterizing is occasionally used even today.
Unfortunately, it is probably not effective in blocking infections if used so long after the insult, but still good for healing and creating scar tissue.
>>
fill the wound with honey. its texture is so dense that it suffocates the bacteria and kills infections.
then burn it to shut the wound for good
>>
>>8095983
>>8095984
this is stupid and ineffective. just use alcohol or bleach. this is assuming the bullet went in an out. if it's still in you're more or less fucked unless you can take a shitload of pain. You can stitch it up yourself if you can take it. if not, just use bandaids and medical tape to push the wound closed. it'll leave a nasty scar that way but that's the least of your problems.
>>
>>8095995
The discussion was about the movie. If you are shot IRL I recommend you head to the emergency room
>>
>>8096000
You might have been talking about the movie, I told OP to cauterize his wound with gunpowder.
>>
>>8095966
The hardest part is making sure you don't get an infection. Take the pain of closing it up, that's the easiest part. What's difficult is not knowing if it will come back to bite you in the thigh (lol). Clean it very thoroughly, and buy antibiotics for fish tanks (it's the exact same as its name suggests). The pills still have to pass FDA standards or whatever it is. Do some research on the proper medication to prevent infection.
>>
>>8096003
hawaii five 0 fan I see
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.