[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some cancers and anti-cancers you know of? I know that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1339215492005 2.png (177 KB, 395x244) Image search: [Google]
1339215492005 2.png
177 KB, 395x244
What are some cancers and anti-cancers you know of?

I know that cigarettes and processed meats have been proven to cause cancer.

And I know that exercise and vegetable juice are anti-cancers.

Is there anything you would like to add to the list?
>>
>>8095451
Even fit people can get cancer, anon.
Cancer is just a mutation, you can't anti-cancer anything. You can decrease your risk by not exposing yourself to certain mutagens, but mutagens will forever always be around you.
You can also increase the chances of getting cancer by ingesting or being around mutagens, which increased the chances of a cell mutating into an immortal hellspawn that wrecks havoc upon your entire body. The chances of cancer 'cure' is probably going to impossible without a better early warning system. There's just no such thing as a "anti-cancer"
>>
>>8095451
Google "known carcinogens"
>>
>>8095482
it is an anti-cancer in that it reduces your risk. But increasing your intake of that anti-cancer to ridiculous levels doesn't make you cancer proof, no.
>>
>>8095489
why? almost everything it a carcinogen. I'm only interested in significant ones.
>>
>>8095496
You reduce your risk because your not exposing yourself to it, that's not really anti-cancer. Anti-cancer whatever would repel cancer, nothing repels cancer except chemo and radiation treatments, but you'd have to have cancer in the first place for it to be effective.
>>
>>8095509
i was talking about the things that i had mentioned as being anti-cancers
>>
>>8095514
exercise and vegetable juice are not anti-cancers. They don't repel cancer. You can't exercise or vegetable cancer away.
>>
>>8095521
no, but it reduces your chances. in the same way that cigarattes make your chances increase.

In the same way you can't force your self to get cancer by having cigarettes. It just increases your chances.
>>
>>8095524
How do they induce cancer in lab mice?
>>
>>8095538
they can't. they just increase the chances and some get it, some don't.
>>
>>8095524
But it doesn't. Running doesn't offset the chance of getting cancer, nor does it reduce the chances of getting cancer. Even if you smoke or not smoke. There's nothing proven in exercise that reduces the risk, as in nothing your body produces from exercise reduces the risk of getting cancer. Plenty of healthy, and fit people get cancer too.
>>
>>8095557
if everyone starts off with 50% chances of getting cancer in their lives, and there's certain things that give you +2% and -2% chance then you can see why plenty of healthy people still get cancer.

Let's also add +2% for a genetic predisposition.

So a person who has a genetic predisposition to cancer who exercises would have 50% chance of getting cancer. (-2% and +2% cancel each other out).

A person who doesn't have a predisposition to cancer but smokes would have 48% chance of getting cancer. That's only a 2% difference.
>>
>>8095557
High blood flow and vasodilation that comes with exercise is good for getting things clean in your body and getting rid of garbage and cancerous cells.
>>
>>8095538
Gene manipulation : some mutations highly increase the sensitivity of cells to cancer. That's how they tested GMOs and said hurrrrr durrrr gmos gib concer
>>
As a terrorist, I'm offended. How am I supposed to get to the pilot?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-24-12-47-41.png (993 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-24-12-47-41.png
993 KB, 1080x1920
>>8095451
4chan.org.

I mean, look at the cptcha for this post.. is that a diseased dogs head or what?
>>
>>8096170
it's a fucking bouquet in a bride's hands.
>>
>>8095451
>vegetable juice are anti-cancers
Link?
>>
>>8095509
>nothing repels cancer except chemo and radiation treatments, but you'd have to have cancer in the first place for it to be effective.
People who exercise a lot have much lower instances of cancer.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.