[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Science degree or trade school? Which one earns more generally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download (5).jpg (17 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
17 KB, 303x166
Science degree or trade school? Which one earns more generally salary wise?
>>
>>8094263
trade school
>>
>>8094263

Too many variables.

Assume you're talking about a BS/BA in science. Does the science degree go to grad school, then do a post-doc, then stay in academia? Does the science degree go to industry after undergrad? After grad school? Does the science degree stay in R&D, or move to the business side?
>>
>>8094263
Trade school all day long.

At least then you'll have the option of doing a science degree afterwards and having a trade to fall back on. You'll be working well into your 70's these days, there's plenty of time.
>>
>>8094263

On average, trade school easily

If you're doing a non-meme engineering degree or maybe computer science if you're really good, then that earns more
>>
>>8094263
>salary wise
Money is for normalfags. You study what you like.
>>/adv/
>>
>>8094263
Trade school. Electrician specifically. Make good money and theres not too much heavy lifting like mechanics/welders/etc.
>>
>>8095987
My science degrees directly led to my ability to retire in my early 40's. How is life going for you in the trades?
>>
Trade school.
You basically have a good degree by the time of like 17-19, and do actual work.
Actual work is a lot better than studying.
On the top of that, because you are working a proper job, you could theoretically do part time and study.
>>
>>8096080
You forgot applied math and then go into finance.

OBS.: ONLY IF YOU WANT TO EARN LOTS OF CASH
>>
>>8094263
Depends on you m80.
Did both, liking trade school way more.
>>
>>8096904
>retires in 40's

Hello alzheimer's my old friend
i spent my last years pissing the bed
>>
>>8096904
I know tradies who retired in their 30s.
Then again I don't give a shit because I actually enjoy working.
>>
>>8097316
I still work in retirement. Sometimes, I work harder than I did when I was, um, working. The difference is that now I work only on those things that actually interest me. Freedom, senpai.
>>
>>8096080
define meme-engineering
>>
engineering>trade>science
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.