[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /sci/'s opinion on AP Physics? >inb4 europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: APphysics.jpg (1 MB, 1653x1162) Image search: [Google]
APphysics.jpg
1 MB, 1653x1162
What is /sci/'s opinion on AP Physics?
>inb4 europe
>>
>>8093364
Mechanics C is the only useful one.

The "algebra-based" ones are retarded.

E&M needs mv-calc to be done correctly. So E&M C isn't very useful.
>>
>>8093376
Thank you for your input.
>>
>>8093364
It has an abismal passing percent, only 30% get a 3 or higher. I took it and it was very hard but very informative. Take it with no expectation to get college credits but just to learn. I'd recommend it.
>>
>>8093364
It's better than Honors Physics or regular Physics in high schools but it's not the full Intro Physics universities have either.
>>
>>8093364
I had B and it sucked. I had a harder time with algebra based physics than calc based physics.
>>
There are 4 different courses with this name. 5 if you count B
>>
>>8093502
This. It's much better in college but it's nice prep, and what else are you going to do in highschool?

I wouldn't even bother taking the test, just the class. College physics with calculus is the ticket. I swear it's easier with calculus than with algebra.
>>
>>8093537
Well C is the only one worth mentioning.
>>
Worthless, since you don't have the mathematical foundations.
You need calc and vectors even for the bare minimum.
>>
They revamped it recently and you're better off not even taking it. I'm from Florida and none of the state universities I'm aware of even accept any of them as credit for physics, or at least in the engineering departments and such.

Just get a good grade in the class and enjoy it, but don't bank on passing that autistic test.
>>
>>8093376

Underrated post.

OP, I wouldn't discourage you from taking AP Physics. But, don't expect to breeze through general physics in undergrad.

I took AP B and C in high school, about 10 - 12 years ago. Looking back, the classes helped stimulate my interest in physics, and they may have made first-semester general physics (mechanics) a bit more familiar. But, yeah, not much else.
>>
I took it in a high school with a based teacher

he wanted to teach us calculus, and although half the class was taking calculus at the time, everyone shouted no when he offered.

He was pretty much cucked by a class that didn't care about physics.
>>
>>8093364
I just graduated, from Illinois. Took Mechanics C, it really wasn't too bad as long as you did practice problems. It's not a class to worry about really.
>>
Physics B will make freshman year calc-based physics a lot easier. You might as well take it.
>>
>>8093724
OP here.
I took AP physics A. It's the worst.
>>
>>8093364
It's pretty useless for university physics. You might as well just youtube/MOOC physics lectures, you get more out of it.
>>
>>8093502
you probably had a bad teacher or something. It's babby-tier algebra and mostly kinematics. If you struggled you have issues.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.