[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Criticize partner in a project report?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 4r34r4r34r34r34r.jpg (203 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
4r34r4r34r34r34r.jpg
203 KB, 1280x800
Well, i have been working on a project in programming together with a classmate and it is nearing completion and i have come to a point in my individual project report where i need to write what in the program i have written.
The truth is that i have written nearly the whole god damn thing. My partner do nearly deliver nothing at all allthough he has had plenty of time.
It is at university level and i don't really think criticism belongs in a report and keeping a positive tone has always given me good grades before, but i also feel like i need to explain why so it does not seem like i just have been a dick and not letting him do anything.

The teachers will also be able to see who has done what since we use GIT and Bitbucket.

So what are your views on how to handle stuff like this?
>>
Don't mention it in the report; I would send the professor an email at the same time you turn it in.
>>
>>8086357
Yes that would work i guess, but at the same time i am reluctant to doing that since that really would be pointing the finger against my partner and accusing him for being lazy.
I'm really not after to make him look bad either.
>>
>>8086343
>The truth is that [I] have written nearly the whole god damn thing. My partner do nearly deliver nothing at all [although] he has had plenty of time.

I know that feel. Call him out and let him fail, people like that are a cancer in CSE.
>>
You're actually displaying very poor communication and teamwork skills here. These are immeasurably useful in ANY science and technology career. If you mention that you slave-labored the project yourself because you couldn't work out a mutually fair work balance, you have essentially failed the point of the teamwork exercise portion.

TL:DR don't dick on your partner because it will make you look bad.
>>
>>8086366
>I'm really not after to make him look bad either.

>Person takes advantage of you
>You don't want to sort things out and make them fair for everyone.

You are a fucking cuck.

Please tell me that this person is not a girl that you want to fuck. PLEASE. I want to believe that you are a cuck and not a fucking mangina dickless faggot.

I believe.
>>
>>8086366
He's an adult he knows what he was supposed to do and didn't do it. You have no obligation to cover for him especially since he already treated you like shit by making you do must of the work. However, it's up to you and if you don't care then you can let him cost by on your work.
>>
>>8086388
Are you retarded?

If he frames it like you said, like:
>I am a socially insecure retard
then obviously he will look bad, but if he frames it like
>My partner is an inept faggot but to show off my skills and be compliant with the assignment I completed it on my own. Next time team the retarded motherfuckers with the other retarded motherfuckers, understand, you retarded motherfucker?

With less swearing, obviously.

All you did was do your job, so just claim it as YOUR work and let your partner die off.
>>
>>8086343
Just suck it up. If you want something done right, do it yourself. Whenever I have groupwork I end up doing 90% of it, because my work is almost always better than my classmates. Think of it simply as him being lucky to have you assigned as his partner.

Don't make him sound bad to the teacher, it's just in bad nature to do that. There is no (good) reason to harm him. But this is how I handle these situations, OP do whatever the fuck you wanna do.
>>
>>8086343
For fucks sake, the code in this picture has nothing C++ specific in it. Shit like this makes me angry.
>>
>>8086393
Yeah i think i just write everything i have done without reducing anything. I really dont think he is using me or anything, hes just kind of slow i think at least.
It was supposed to be a project focused on programming as a team, so it does not really make me look good for doing everything.
But i also need to hand it in and it is quite hard to have to depend on someone who is not delivering and already lagging behind in other courses when i want my grade in this.
>>
>>8086388
This guy is right. a good portion of the problems where one guy does all of the work is the guy doing all of the works fault. You'll look shitty if you say something
>>
If your teacher asks for a partner review then shit on him. If not, don't say anything. Stupid cuck.
>>
>>8086406
really depends sometimes it's caused by people monopolizing the work other times it's caused by people not contributing
>>
>>8086343
If your code is as well constructed as your post I'm sure you'll do well. So why bother?
>>
>>8086426
>If your code is as well constructed as your post I'm sure you'll do well. So why bother?

OP:
>Well, i
>i

>>8086426, it must be hard being that savage.
>>
>>8086343

>i need to write what in the program i have written

If you're required to do that then write what parts of the program you wrote. It's a statement of fact. Unless your partner complains to the professor or something the professor probably won't even care. Professors have much more important things on their minds.
>>
>>8086343
>It is at university level and i don't really think criticism belongs in a report
Criticism absolutely belongs in university level reports.
One thing of note though, no matter how badly it's your partners fault you'll still be dinged for "not doing it together" with them.
see also >>8086388 >>8086395 >>8086406 >>8086421
>The teachers will also be able to see who has done what since we use GIT and Bitbucket.
They didn't become professors to teach, they have lives, and they're grading a bunch of other people too.
You're professor isn't going to dig through that unless they have to, but evidence is all the more reason to call them out on it.
>>
>>8086389
Please, go choke on your bile somewhere else. Thank you.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.