[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IS MILK BAD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: o-IS-MILK-BAD-FOR-YOU-facebook.jpg (233 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-IS-MILK-BAD-FOR-YOU-facebook.jpg
233 KB, 2000x1000
Hello /sci/,
Many people have been running around saying that milk is bad/harmful to ones body.

Is this true? i drink alot of milk and is more healthy than those around me and have bones strong as iron (my pure swedish friend as well).
Im half swedish if maybe the race and historical feeding might be a reason for todays studies results.
>>
Shocking new discovery:
Dying is a side effect of living
>>
Everything in moderation, etc etc.
>>
>>8085578
Cow's milk is for calves.
Human milk is for human children under 6yo.

Also, at least in the USA, most of the milk in stores isn't milk anymore. it is just a milk product with stuff removed and stuff added in order to make more money.
>>
>>8085578
It's just anti-white propaganda. In fact, milk is good for you. It's just that only whites can drink it without shitting their guts out, so liberal governments are trying to make milk appear harmful in order to take that advantage away.
>>
>>8085578
That sounds kinda retarded since humans are mammals but I dunno. Anything is bad if you eat/drink too much but I'd be pretty skeptical.
>>
It's just food for fucks sake.
>>
Milk has recently been implicated in Crohn's Disease. Humans are the only mammal that consumes milk after childhood. Would you like to breastfeed from a cow? Would you like the breast milk of a cow to be mixed with mould to the point where it becomes hard, and we call it cheese?

I'm not a vegan and I can digest it but milk is horrible, like drinking fat.
>>
File: devilish.png (64 KB, 189x242) Image search: [Google]
devilish.png
64 KB, 189x242
>>8087918
I would breastfeed a cow.
>>
>>8087918
>like drinking fat.
Actually milk has a high concentration of protein and sugars too, for a drink at least.
Various vitamins, minerals. It's basically a wonder food. It's little wonder it was so necessary in certain climates that in just a few thousand years 90% of the population were no longer lactose intolerant.
>>
>>8085586
>Cow's milk is for calves.
>Human milk is for human children under 6yo.

Then why do many human adults produce lactase?

>children under 6yo.
You know any 1st graders that breast feed?
>>
>>8087940
>B-but the WHO suggests it...
It's not like their guidelines for Pajeet and Jose, who municipal water supply is contaminated and poses a greater risk to under-developed immune systems, are supposed to be different from 1st world Chad and Stacy who see regular nutrition through solid foods and zero immunological effects after a year or two.

Lactose tolerance was an alpha mutation that allow true humans to consume and utilize complete proteins and essentials fats to become ubermensch
>>
Past some stage in life, its possible that you shouldn't drink normal milk.
What that actually means is.... something, but the statement in itself is worthless when diary products contain extremely different substances than milk after fermentation.

I remember reading http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g6015
I also remember reading about a experiment on how sour or cultured milk versus plain, for drinking.
Then there is still like LTLT, UHT, MHV and HTST have completely different nutritional profiles.
And various fermented or cultured milk products don't have many of the problems pasteurization has
>>
Cow's milk is intended to help a calf put on how much weight? I don't see how it can possibly be good for humans outside of an occasional thing.
>>
>>8088063
>Cow's milk is intended to help a calf put on how much weight? I don't see how it can possibly be good for humans outside of an occasional thing.
Well if you're starving in northern europe because all your crops have died over winter you might reconsider sucking on those cow tits for some delicious fattening milk, and judging from the fact that >90% of said people aren't lactose intolerant I'd say they became quite dependent on said sucking; in other words it was good for them.
>>
>>8087918
I wouldn't want to skin a pig and boil its flesh, but Jell-O is okay.
>>
>>8085586
Dont listen to this retard
>>
>>8085578
yep will cause atherosclerotic plaque buildup and worsen your erection quality
>>
>>8088433
Citations needed.
>>
>>8088063
"Intent" doesn't matter for shit when something is filled to the brim with nutrition.

In Example: Potato is South Americans, and wasn't exported to the rest of the world until Spain and Portugal literally had done their rape train to take over the continent.
That do not mean only South Americans benefit from potato, in fact Potato benefits are so extreme things like pregnancy mortality was drastically reduced after it was exported.
>>
File: new-food-pyramid-2012.jpg (162 KB, 640x369) Image search: [Google]
new-food-pyramid-2012.jpg
162 KB, 640x369
What about the fucking food pyramid?
How can cereals be good for us if we only started eating them some 10000 years ago?? That's bullshit imo.
>>
>>8085690
Arabs are quite reliant on milk too, this has nothing to do with whites
>>
>>8089207
must be the jews and their propergander
>>
>>8085586
>>8087918
>>8088063
>it's not natural, so it's bad for you
go roll in a ditch and eat worms you fucking degenerates
>>
>anecdotalial evidence
Milk and dairy gives me the shits and is really bad for my skin

I still bindge on it from time to time though
>>
>>8088063
Apples are intended to help the seeds within them grow by how much? I don't see how it can possibly be good for humans outside of an occasional thing.
>>
>>8089246
>unironically being a shitskin
>>
no red blooded white man has an issue with cow milk

>>8085586
You can buy whole milk if you wanted.. in the USA I guess, can't get it here in Canada without paying 10 bucks a gallon for organic
>>
>>8089207
Food pyramid is generally terrible and should never actually be followed like its right.
I.E:
-non milk dairy is extremely healthy.
-Bread doesn't have anything to do on that pyramid since its not sour dough bread.
-List doesn't separate butter and margarine(90% shit oil), so its even more shit
-Pasta is filler food. Its delicious, but from a nutritional standpoint its very shit compared to potato
-Potato != Fried potato. Fried potato has questionable nutrition
>>
>>8089307
?
pasta has shittons more protein than a potato
>>
>>8089318
There exists more nutrients than protein.
Pasta is also one of those dishes where flour quality literally dictates the nutrient content, since the most filtered white flour is very nutrient deficient.
>>
>>8085578
It really isn't - its good for you! Cows milk however does contain a protein called ß-lactoglobulin - which some people can have allergic reactions to in their small intestine, causing minor digestive problems - but this is rare
>>
>>8089258
Caucasians are shitskins?
>>
>>8089227
There is an argument for sticking to evolutionary familiar circumstances, of which 'natural' things are a crude approximation.
>>
>>8089369
>Caucasians are shitskins?
Arab Caucasian or northern european Caucasian?
>>
>>8089369
Italians aren't white. Nor are Greeks.
And both of those enjoy yoghurt.
>>
>>8089475
kek

/pol/ memes aside, you should probably know that Mediterraneans were the first "white masterrace", as /pol/ likes to put it (I don't subscribe to the masterrace meme myself, just pointing out historical facts). Nearly everything you claim as the achievement of "whites" for yourself, it was created by Greeks and Romans.

If you mean that the modern people living in those countries aren't descendants of their well known ancestors, I'm not sure where you got this idea... Has /pol/ convinced people that tan line = Arab ancestry?

It's interesting though how great societies can fall so far from grace just by having their mindset affected by the history they learn at school and the modern culture that surrounds them.
>>
>>8089483
So
-Muh large city states who team up in case of invasions
-Muh Roman empire(who was also technically around until the Ottomans took the remains, or Ottoman empire fell)
-Muh Alexander
Then again, Slavs aren't particularly "white" either. So its a weird world.
And Caucasian is a pointless term when cultural ethnicity is more important than skill color, and mixed races exists.
>>
>>8087918
>Implicate something
>Turns out the entire digestion system is a gigantic barrier to weed out direct correlation
>>
>>8089212

That's because "Arabs" are Caucasian, despite what uneducated /pol/fags will try to tell you.
>>
File: italians.jpg (356 KB, 1807x823) Image search: [Google]
italians.jpg
356 KB, 1807x823
>>8089483

Modern day Italians are 98% genetically similar to ancient Romans. Mediterraneans have always been brown.
>>
File: Alexander.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Alexander.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>8089504

>ALEXANDER DA GREAT WAS GERMANIC, MOTHAFUKA!!!
>>
I've been drinking milk for 29 years of my life. I like to think it's doing something good. Much better than consuming soda and alcohol like some of the people I know.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactase_persistence

About 5,000 to 10,000 years ago a human gene mutated allowing adults to consume milk in adulthood.
Only about 20% of the planet actually has this gene, the majority are actually Lactose Intolerant.

Lactase persistence is the continued activity of the enzyme lactase in adulthood. Since lactase's only function is the digestion of lactose in milk, in most mammal species, the activity of the enzyme is dramatically reduced after weaning.

The "if X then Y, checkmate Z" argument is a fallacy; including the other animals vs human analogies, etc.
>>
>>8090793
I should mention that the majority that ARE able to process lactose in adulthood are indeed Caucasian.
>>
>>8090796
>I should mention that the majority that ARE able to process lactose in adulthood are indeed Caucasian.
I'm black and can consume it just fine. What's my case?
>>
>>8090800
You probably have a white ancestor.
It's not uncommon.
People of different races have been boinking for thousands of years.
>>
>>8090800
Massa Sanders fucked his farm equipment baby making machine. Not uncommon.
>>
>>8087918
>Would you like to breast feed from a cow?
I would like your mom to breast feed me desu
>>
>>8085578
So milk and honey have no significance?
>>
>>8090800
Depends on how far back you go, you have like 16 or 32 ancestors.
Now.... one of them is a rape baby. Which is fine, since you can now enjoy delicious milk.
Remember: Genes are passed down for as long as they are, which can be forever if the Random nature of gene splicing works out.
>>
>>8085578
It isn't consumed after childhood because it is no longer necessary, and thus the lactase enzymes present are inhibited because it would be a waste of energy for them to remain active. An illogical conclusion is drawn when the argument used against milk is >>8085586
>only supposed to be consumed by children
Because that asserts that adults do not drink because it IS bad, not because, as I stated above, it was evolutionarily unnecessary.

Milk is only bad if you are lactose intolerant, or allergic. Otherwise it's food like any others. With hormone fed animals just like any other animal product. Pasteurized for sanitation like any other animal product.
>>
>>8091424
Forgot to mention, lactase enzymes are not inhibited if milk use is continued post childhood.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.