[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A few nights ago I saw stars in the sky except one was blasting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 299x168
A few nights ago I saw stars in the sky except one was blasting across the sky at exceptionally high speeds. It was around the same brightness as the other stars and had no tail or anything. Now I look at the sky all the time and airplanes always have red or green flashing lights on and they don't appear to move that fast against the stars especially if they're so high they're just a dot. Was it aliens?
>>
>>8083929
>>/x/
>>
>>8083937
Hey I'm just asking for an explanation as to what I saw. No need to be a dick.
>>
>>8083948
We don't fucking know, nigga. Probably just your autism playing tricks on you.
>>
>>8083929
Probably ISS or some other pile of space shit.
>>
File: 1462066455960.jpg (23 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1462066455960.jpg
23 KB, 500x376
>>8083929
>>
>>8083972
Did this pass over London two weeks ago in a northerly direction? Also seeing as I was in the city it would have to be really big space junk to be seen seeing as the air and light pollution is so bad you can only see a few stars.
>>
>>8083987
It wouldn't be heading North passing over London. It's more likely to be something else, an Iridium flare is the most likely candidate if it was bright.
>>
>>8083993

This was pretty much the exact same speed that it was moving at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_flare#/media/File:Flare_Simulation.gif
Didn't notice any change in brightness though.
>>
>>8083929
Space debris or a satellite.
>>
>>8084003
Then it's almost certainly a satellite.

The change in brightness depends on how close you were to the flare location. The further away you are the less it peaks. There are plenty of other satellites too many of which don't flare, Iridium flares are just common and bright. If you know the time, date and location you can look it up using heavens above.

http://www.heavens-above.com/
>>
File: 6756354.jpg (68 KB, 1500x884) Image search: [Google]
6756354.jpg
68 KB, 1500x884
>>8084029
Oh well the search continues...
>>
>>8083929
Be glad you have no night vision equipment, you would freak out.
>>
Just some satellite or something theres free apps on your phone that let you point your phone at them and identify them...get some good binoculars and take a look at the dark night sky youll see shit tons of ufo type space assholes, try to get away from the light pollution
>>
>>8083929
Yeah dude it was ayylmaos going for a joyride. Better watch out as they may probe your asshole in their drunken parade.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.