[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: guide_to_4chan_occupy_dem_549.png (364 KB, 1880x1964) Image search: [Google]
guide_to_4chan_occupy_dem_549.png
364 KB, 1880x1964
I mean, why is /sci/ so dismissive of everything that isn't some useless physics equation?

The "Field Purity" comic and the Jacob Barnett memes have done more damage to this board than any other meme on any other board
>>
>>8075865
That pic is mostly bullshit.

Yes, the field purity comic has damaged /sci/, but a lot of the memes concerning non-math/physics fields are mostly banter... And the few kids that take them seriously and spam them in threads are extremely easy to dismiss. I'm pretty sure even the serious math or physics majors cringe at those memes when used in seriousness.
>>
>>8075865

>that occupy democrats watermark
>>
>>8075865
>Are they right?
If you're insecure enough to even consider it then yes in your case they are.

Once you've been published and praised by world renowned researchers you tend not to care what some idiot on the internet says. Especially not some butthurt idiot who got made fun of for having retarded ideas and not understanding math. /sci/ is one of the best boards on the internet precisely because people here don't need the pretentious niceties to feed their egos from other math impaired fanboys playing pretend scientist.

I'd post my research gate profile to back me up, but the type of faggot that usually critiques /sci/ isn't even in STEM academia anyway so wouldn't understand the significance of my H-factor.
>>
>>8075910
>>
Forgot r9k
>>
>>8075865
the comic was clearly made by someone from one of the boards not mentioned in the pic who's too uncultured and dumb to fit in on any of the interest-related boards
>>
>>8076167
>>8076174
yeb
>>
>>8075865
So basically : You go to 4chan if you a shit.

Although I don't get the inferiority complex. Any other forum with separate boards have the exact concentration of autism and shitposting going on.
>>
>>8075865
>go to /sci/ to pretend to be intelligent
Freakin idiots. /sci/ is a joke nowadays. It used to be fun. Debating about the integrity of a field effectr transistor to be used as small as possible (without ever increasing probability of leakage)
>>
>>8075865
There is literally nothing wrong with being racist.
>>
>damaged /sci/
>OP doesn't realize /sci/ is 99% trolling
>>
Basically all this board is shitposting, the only useful post are the SQT.
>>
I guarantee this was made by /g/
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.