[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YLYL /sci/ edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
>>
>>8074469
http://tocrofl.tumblr.com/
this shit gets me all the time
>>
>>8074485
Aww. I'm too stupid to get any of them.

Thanks /sci/
>>
>>8074485
Jesus.

The only one I know for certain is, "Brainless but Multi-Headed: Decision Making by the Acellular Slime Mould Physarumpolycephalum)" because I studied them and they are quite amazing at how they do mazes and remember doing them without actual neurons.
>>
>>8074485
Its all chemistry jokes tho
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 640x484
>5 minutes into Evolve and Chill and he gives you this look
>>
>>8074469
>>8075081
these aren't sci jokes. funny jokes for that matter. they're just twitter/facebook jokes with a sci theme
>>
hey guys this is my best math joke :
> let epsilon be a big negative constant

hahaha
>>
>>8075348
The only quality content in this thread
EDIT: On this board.
>>
File: riemann.png (208 KB, 927x741) Image search: [Google]
riemann.png
208 KB, 927x741
>>
>>8077468
I-is this true?
>>
>>8077611
Riemann: ...es ist sehr wahrscheinlich...

Is what true?
>>
>>8076005
How do I edit my posts?
>>
>>8077611
eh, if you dont mind saying that the analytic continuation of a function is the same as that function. if your doing highschool calc and someone asks you whether it converges, the answer is no. HOWEVER, if you find the analytic continuation (a new function which is equal to the original function at all points the latter is defined/converges and is infinitely differentiable (roughly speaking), the cool thing is maths tells you there's only one way you can do this) and pretend that they're the same thing then i hear you get nice results in physics.

i.e. if instead of replacing 1+1/2+1/3... in your physics equations with infinity, but rather with -1/12, you get more accurate/intuitive results.

also you can get to the -1/12 meme in different methods. basically theres more to it than just voodoo
>>
>>8078739
The harmonic series should then be considered zeta(1).
Perhaps you intended zeta(-1), in the sense of 1+2+3+4+... = -1/12?
>>
>>8078739
replace >1+1/2+1/3...
with >1+2+3

thanks >>8078762

btw zeta(1) doesnt even converge.
>>
>>8078264
you need to buy a 4chan gold account
>>
File: 1456176435579.jpg (41 KB, 499x562) Image search: [Google]
1456176435579.jpg
41 KB, 499x562
Everytime
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.