[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we bitch about things technology is bringing into our lives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: electic-kitchen-stove.jpg (62 KB, 465x330) Image search: [Google]
electic-kitchen-stove.jpg
62 KB, 465x330
ITT: we bitch about things technology is bringing into our lives like the grumpy old men we are at heart

I hate electric stoves. It's kinda cool that you can use them as a benchtop when you're not cooking, but they take forever to heat up and you can't pick the pan up and tilt it like you can over a gas flame. Plus the immediate whoosh and heat you get when you light a gas stove with a lighter is just so satisfying.

I kind of feel the same about electric cars (despite never being anywhere near one) - I like the way my car rumbles and the feeling of changing gears. Feels strange knowing that in a few generations everyone will grow up driving electric.
>>
I hate fucking airplanes. I used to love the times we spent 4 months to travel from one country to another on horses with making 5000 stops on the way. Now you hop on to an airplane and get there in a few hours its just ridiculous.
>>
>>8073727
>they take forever to heat up
I think you should change your stove

I agree with the electric car thing, not because of the feeling, but because they're getting so much hype when they hardly improve the existing situation. It feels like a lateral move, at best. Not to mention batteries aren't the most reliable technology out there.
>>
I like gas because you can char with it
>>
>>8073727
halogen here
no complaints - fast as fuck, easy to clean, no fucking around
>>
i hate the internet
>>
Robots. They are fucking everywhere, from personal space to space.
>>
I hate smartphones with their superficial snapchat and gametheoretical hell tinder and whatsapp which makes you decide between 1984 and cocoon mode
>>
Laptops, they are all so techy and they all want touch screens like it is a tablet, terrible.
>>
>>8073727
I love electric hotplates! Bunsen burners are too dangerous for orgo labs.
>>
>>8073733
You're joking but I kinda agree, although I wouldn't give up having airplanes

>I used to love the times we spent 4 months to travel from one country to another on horses with making 5000 stops on the way

This seems much more fun
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.