[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad Lab Experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: angryscientist.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
angryscientist.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
Lab partners or managers or procedures. Work or class, share them.

>be masters student as a TA in a basic applied chem class
>all students have been through at least a year and a half of courses so far
>procedure calls for 15g of sample -> add 15ml DI water -> add 5ml of HCl
>300+ lb idiot student starts testing sample
>it isnt working help! its basic not acidic!?!
>spend 10 minutes trying to figure out how the pH is now super basic
>she somehow found NaOH (which wasn't even out and available) and put that in instead of HCl
>"Oh, I added this thingy" she says, pointing to a beaker labeled NaOH
>pic mfw

A first week, stepwise experimental that you can't possibly fuck up. She somehow fucked up. How. I don't know. There wasn't even any NaOH available. She somehow found a stock bottle somewhere and filled the beaker. She didn't even remember where she got it, though I suspect she's covering for sneaking into stock room.
>>
File: 1268859709104.png (308 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
1268859709104.png
308 KB, 800x388
Pic related
>>
>>8071291
holy. fuck.
>>
>>8071291
kek.

every time
>>
>>8071291
They should just hire other PhDs as janitors.

I'm sure the physics phd who threw himself of a building wouldn't mind taking that job, as long as 'scientist' is in the title of his position.
>>
>>8071261

Your entire life
>>
>>8071291
Why would the janitor get fired? Isn't a fucking huge oversight that the janitor cart is made of metal when metal = badwrong?
>>
>>8071358

Really nigga? Someone gives you and explicit instruction with a clear warning what would happen if ignored, then you ignore it anyway through what could only be stupidity, and it's someone else's fault for not giving you a plastic spork to prevent you cutting yourself on that sharp dinner knife? GTFO
>>
>>8071350
I know... I know.

>>8071349
Referencing this for possible solutions (re: building.)
>>
>>8071261
ANGRY
>>
>>8071349

Being compensated as a part time janitor + scientist doesn't sound that bad desu.
>>
Got a new rotation student. She's consistently looking over my shoulder saying my experimental design is poor, literally rolling her eyes and saying 'well in my old lab....' how do I get her out of my lab before her rotation is up I can't work near her. I have to get this final figure done by June, headphones only do so much. She will go as far as audibly scoffing when I arrive at 915.
>>
>>8073308
Tell her her bf hit on you.
>>
>>8073308
>how do I get her out of my lab before her rotation is up
lmao, short of a near or actual injury resulting from bad practices that you can prove was her fault rather than yours (after all you're supervising her), you can't.

herp derp, you're supposed to use the rotation period to whisper in your PI's ear that she's not fit and then she'll be going elsewhere at the end of the rotation.
It's a mechanism for rejecting people, the institution approves of it, learn to use it.

>I have to get this final figure done by June
oh, you were merely shitposting.

>audibly scoffing when I arrive at 915.
search the student code of conduct for 'bitch slap'; if they didn't mention it, it's fair game
>>
>>8073343
Some shit posting, and you're right my PI will ask how she's doing, I'll say she's not a great fit and elaborate if nessessary. I dumped about 3 hours of work on her bench at 5. Is that close enough to a bitch slap or am I just shitty?
>>
>>8073308
Beat the fuck out of her in the parking lot. That's always worked for me.
>>
Just finished 2 years of having the worst lab partner

>I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: ozz.jpg (44 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
ozz.jpg
44 KB, 630x420
>> Tfw your lab partner for the past year is genius indian bro
>> all the brilliance, none of the bad smells
>> im not too bad myself
>> mfw we murder every lab far before anyone else
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.