[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the fastest way to solve sudoku?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: sudoku.png (50 KB, 745x947) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
50 KB, 745x947
What's the fastest way to solve sudoku?
>>
>>8068921
A couple of years ago I got bored and decided to solve sudoku problems that came in newspapers and I found that looking for a particular number and trying to fill it in in every position is much faster than trying to complete a line or a square.
>>
Whats the surest and most painless way to commit sudoku?
>>
>>8068921
>What's the fastest way to solve sudoku?
Look up the answer, or failing that use http://www.sudokuwiki.org/sudoku.htm

The only algorithm I know of that gets all possible solutions (instead of trial and error until you get a satisfiable solution) is Dancing Links.
>>
>>8069016
>sepukku
>painless
Its like you want to die without honor lmao
>>
>>8069102
Present your penis. I want to pleasure you.
>>
>>8069016
exit bag
>>
>>8068921
have a very high IQ
>>
>What's the fastest way to solve sudoku?
Having a complete data base on all solvable sudoku puzzles in any given state. Backtracking from state X to a complete state will be very simple this way.
>>
>>8068921
Look for the square with the least constraints. Pick a number. Look for next square with least constraints. Pick a number. when you fail the puzzle back track one step and pick another number. When you run out of possibilities for that square back track another step and pick a different number.

Continue until puzzle is solved.
>>
Place a random number in each unknown square
Check if puzzle is solved
Repeat until solution is found
>>
>>8069168
>>8069308
OP's pic is much faster than these methods.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.