[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the world were a simulation, woulde there be some way to prove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
If the world were a simulation, woulde there be some way to prove it?

Or would we be completely confined to the "physics" of that simulation and unable to test outside our confines?
>>
>>8068891
>If the world were a simulation, woulde there be some way to prove it?
Probably. I'm always surprised by how much certain experiments can say about really metaphysical shit.
>>
Universe being discreete instead of continuous would be proof.
>>
>>8068891
Find the last digit of pi
>>
>>8068908

It would be evidence, not 'proof.'
>>
>>8068891

There wouldn't be any irrational numbers. They would need to end somewhere, since infinite number = infinite size.
>>
>>8068908

How the fuck is that proof you dumb popsci boy?
>>
>>8068891
Yes. You would need to establish a line of communication with the creator(s). This, of course, assumes they weren't just fucking around and that they actually care enough to talk.
>>
>>8068891
https://www.reddit.com/r/compsci/comments/2xn9g3/if_the_world_really_is_a_simulation_what_are_some/
haha 0<|:^) ~~~~o====8
>>
>>8068891

Depends on how the simulation is wired up, but yes, it should be possible to construct some absurd tests like the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser to figure it out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.