[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding math proofs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_lwj6f15GW71qc43bko1_500.jpg (81 KB, 480x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwj6f15GW71qc43bko1_500.jpg
81 KB, 480x750
I already know basic logic and proof techniques, and excercise proofs in for example automata theory are easy to me since they relatively graphic.

But how the fuck do i find proof in analysis and number theory? I mean i read the chapters, understand every proof for theorems and lemmas, but i can't wrap my head around finding this shit!

Since you seem to be the smart board here:
Do you have tips for FINDING proofs?
>>
step 1) not be a pleb
>>
>>8068771
Ok, if thats your definition of pleb, how can i stop being a pleb?
>>
>>8068763
lol, the guy in OP's pic is literally autistic.
he has like over 100s over custom made spider brooches.
>>
>>8068763
do more problems, especially from the early chapters
>>
>>8068763
>>8068791

>I cosplay as a mathematician every day do you want to see some pics from my photoshoots?
>>
>>8068763
>But how the fuck do i find proof in analysis
Draw a picture.
>>
>>8068838
Ok, Ill do that.
>>8068857
>>8068791
I propably picked the wrong picture.
>>
>>8068763
>>8068791
>>8068857
Fucking fedoras man.
>>
Prove very basic things with every step referring directly to an axiom
Work your way up from there
>>
the way I see it is that it comes down to two skills: understanding and expressing.

understanding a problem to the degree where you know why it must be true or false is the most essential part of solving it imo. after that it is simply a matter of having the machinery to express yourself.

you can to a limited extent find proofs without the above but it will be like feeling your way around a dark room. this is the route for brainlets.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.