[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American HS education
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ombla.jpg (12 KB, 226x295) Image search: [Google]
ombla.jpg
12 KB, 226x295
what the fuck, /sci/? are asians the only people doing shit in HS in USA? I'm from Europe and I was at some chemistry olympiads in my time and today someone posted this in a "study" group:
http://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/education/students/highschool/olympiad/process/competitions/2016-usnco-top-152.pdf
WHAT THE FUCK
you can barely spot a non-asian name in that list. I'm not racist or anything, but I just can't understand how this is possible in a country where asians are a minority. Yes, I expected to find many asians names, but not 90%+
what the hell is wrong with your system that only asians are attracted to STEM?
>>
File: jackie chan ror.jpg (32 KB, 387x512) Image search: [Google]
jackie chan ror.jpg
32 KB, 387x512
>>8063695
Whites are to Asians as Niggers are to Whites, brainlet.
>>
It's in the asians' culture to actually put a modicum of effort in things.
>>
Highschool is wise
>>
>>8063734
it may be, but that still dosen't explain why the number of whites tends to 0.
USA produced great scientists before they brought in asians. just look at professors, I bet that many of them ar white in US colleges.
>>
>>8063745
Many jews are also successful. Their culture focuses on effort/necessity and competition.
>>
>>8063751
wish a was a jew but I'm just another pleb
>>
>>8063695
Standards are pretty fucking high in Asian societies like China, India, Vietnam, Korea etc. Not to mention the fact that Asians value education a lot, in general.
>>
>>8063751
Jew don't find many (you)s in STEM other than medicine, though
>>
>>8063695
I did a lot in high school, but I was pragmatic and laid back about it.
Got myself into Berkeley Engineering, but I didn't go crazy over summer programs/olympiads.
>>
>>8063695
olympiads are for people that just regurgitate shit from class, this is what asians do

i was doing research through the local university in high school, not wasting my time with stupid shit like this.

this is why white people are more successful even though they may not have the highest grades
>>
>>8063695
>http://www.acs.org/content/dam/acsorg/education/students/highschool/olympiad/process/competitions/2016-usnco-top-152.pdf
There are 0 Japanese names on that list. Japanese confirmed European??
>>
>>8065307
No, the Japanese were just stupid, and instead of immigrating to America, went to Brazil. Although, this may have to do with the U.S. coming down hard on Asian immigration hard around the time the Japanese were leaving their country, but it's just easier to call them stupid. Seriously though, what kind of retard would WANT to go to Brazil?
>>
>>8064541
>olympiads are for people that just regurgitate shit from class, this is what asians do

Well, you clearly don't know much about Olympiads now, do you?
>>
White kids are too busy hunting poon.

Asians just know that they have no chance until they get a big salary first, so they cut their losses.
>>
>>8065417
Topkek
>>
>>8063695
No one does the fucking Chemistry olympiad lel

The only one that people really know or care about is the IMO
>>
>>8065461
I'm sure the situation is similar in physics too. Maybe in math there are a few whites, I remember seeing a documentary about USA boot camp for the IMO
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.