[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good short combinatorics book that covers all areas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: combinatorics.png (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
combinatorics.png
17 KB, 300x225
What's a good short combinatorics book that covers all areas of combinatorics at least to a small extent?
>>
>>8061217
>>>/adv/
>>>/r/
>Doesn't read the sticky
>>
>>8061225
Fuck off. This is neither a homework, nor a career question thread.
>>
>>8061228
>never bothered seeing what this link is
https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/
>>
>>8061228
But this is a thread that could be answered in 30 seconds by reading the huge-ass sticky at the top of the board for this exact purpose.

Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>8061225
The sticky is shit, and we all know it.
>>
>>8061233
Wew lad, I found this after thirty seconds
https://sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide/subjects/mathematics#TOC-Combinatronics
>>
There's 38 blocks in ur pic related BTW...
>>
>>8061258
Only 20 are confirmed
>>
>>8061234
I've already read the sticky lots of times, dumb fuckwit.
>>
>>8061289
Please see
>>8061240

You apparently need to learn to read.
>>
>>8061217
Calm down, lads.
A Path To Combinatorics For Undergraduates by Titu Andreescu and Zuming Feng is a very thorough text, and the authors used to coach the US IMO team. A heady mix of Olympiad and undergraduate level combinatorics, all in all.
Applied Combinatorics by Alan Tucker is great if you're a computer science student, or just interested in the programming applications of combinatorics. If you want a short book however, I suggest the former.
>>
>>8061423
Let me say it once again:
I've already read this sticky. You need to learn to perform basic logical thinking.
>>
>>8061444
OP, just curious, why're you looking for a combinatorics textbook?
>>
>>8061444
Like dis, master?
Modus Tollens:
If OP read took advantage of the sticky, then he would have found the book via a search.
If OP had found a book, then he would not have made a thread.
OP made a thread.
Hence, OP did not find a book.
Hence, OP did not take advantage of the sticky.

Categorical Syllogism:
All people who neglect simple solutions to their problems are faggots.
OP neglected the free ~250 page pdf on elementary combinatorics.
Hence, OP is a faggot.

Modus Ponens:
If you go on /sci/, you will find useless threads.
I went on /sci/
We can conclude I found a useless thread.
>>
>>8061217

that is a fucked up Q*Bert level
>>
>>8061612
False axioms lead to a false conclusion.

>If OP read took advantage of the sticky, then he would have found the book via a search.

False. Also, a priori reasoning of this kind is useless for the most part when it comes to real world situations.
>>
>>8061238
this
>>
>>8062239
They updated it
The wiki is now attached
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.