[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If we are truly living in a multiverse and our world is one in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1461734592027.jpg (48 KB, 1057x611) Image search: [Google]
1461734592027.jpg
48 KB, 1057x611
If we are truly living in a multiverse and our world is one in an infinite variety of expanding and collapsing universes, is it possible for our body and brain to be reborn in a parallel universe? Not as in us being reborn as a buddha and remembering our previous lives, but a carbon copy of us like a clone. Same DNA, same body, same neurons, no memory of past lives, just a different universe. Could this be a form of reincarnation or am i just being autistic?
>>
File: yeye.jpg (6 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
yeye.jpg
6 KB, 192x263
>>8061147
>is it possible for our body and brain to be reborn in a parallel universe?
Why don't you go ask Jesus.
>>
File: Karl-Pilkington-Moaning-Of-Life.jpg (140 KB, 1140x641) Image search: [Google]
Karl-Pilkington-Moaning-Of-Life.jpg
140 KB, 1140x641
>>8061166
Not literally our brain, if there is infinite universes then some of them are bound to be similar to ours... and eventually a version of ourselves will be born. Not literally us but might as well be us, if we are nothing but neurons and chemical reactions an exact clone is technically us. No time travel or wormholes just the power infinity..
>>
>>8061147

>could this be a form of reincarnation

>where "I" is an ill-defined term and there is no persistence of consciousness

Good news Anon, "you" are reincarnated as a wave on the pacific ocean every day.
>>
There's an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2, but you won't find 3 in there. Infinite doesn't mean anything can happen. I don't think your question has an answer.
>>
>>8061556
1.3?
>>
>>8063323

1.3 != 3
>>
File: 095.jpg (78 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
095.jpg
78 KB, 450x600
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
>>
>>8063803
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

Schop(p)enhauer plz go
>>
>>8061147
>If we are truly living in a multiverse and our world is one in an infinite variety of expanding and collapsing universes

[[citation needed]]

>Same DNA, same body, same neurons, no memory of past lives, just a different universe.

Biology is heavily influenced by randomness. Even if there were two versions of you born with exactly the same DNA in two different universes, that doesn't mean you would necessarily turn out to be exactly the same person.
>>
>>8061197
I got reincarnated as mycobacterium laboratorium the other day. Human scientists stitched together my genome using a computer. Shit was so cash
>>
>>8061556
Our universe is limited, are you saying the multiverse it limited too?
How do you know? For this thought experiment we can assume it is. Is it impossible that the multiverse has a multi-multiverse?
>>
>>8063825
>[[citation needed]]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_model
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
They're just theories though.
>Biology is heavily influenced by randomness.
True but if there are an infinite number of worlds out there some of them are bound to produce conditions suitable for the human species to evolve. If we can manifest ourselves in this world it isn't that implausible to say we can do it again in another world.
>Even if there were two versions of you born with exactly the same DNA in two different universes, that doesn't mean you would necessarily turn out to be exactly the same person.
Why? If there is no such thing as the soul and our brains are reborn in exactly the same environment.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.