[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /sci/, what is the superior engineering degree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: fuck you.png (332 KB, 2326x1356) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
332 KB, 2326x1356
So, /sci/, what is the superior engineering degree?
>>
>>8060087
me fucking your mom's cunt, that degree.
>>
>>8060087
Knowing that engineers only do it for the money, the one that has the highest average salary.

Therefore petroleum engineering.

Or the one with the most job openings, which is probably civil engineering.

So civil engineering if you are average, petroleum engineering if you are a genius.
>>
>>8060108
Civil engineers are idiots that don't even know how to make a road in a straight line. Chemical engineering master race.
>>
File: e20.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
e20.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>8060087
Systems, useful for every project. And all you do is model shit in MATLAB. For good enough pay. Feels good, pepes.
>>
>>8060184
Civil Engineers don't do roads, they plan cities.
Nice fake degree you have there.
Only 4chan fakes would make such an amature mistake.
Civil Engineers are the only billionaires in the STEM club that make all of their money from their job [no investments needed].
>>
>>8060087
Mechanical engineering is the best
>>
Petroleum engineering is a pseudo-science.
It's identical to dowsing.
>>
>>8060184
>muh tubes
>>
>>8060087
From the numerous shitposts I've read either chemical or nuclear, probably chemical.
>t. Physicist

>>8060184
Civil is the only one seeing any significant job growth.
>>
>>8060191
Mechs will always be needed.
/thread
>>
>>8060194
>what is BME?
inb4 meme degree
>>
>>8060087
My engineering dept offers applied math. That's a poetry good program at our school, especially of you are interested in computational models and numerics.

EE is a good choice. Mech E is good too.

Why does it matter OP, they're all solid choices.
>>
>>8060190
This
>>8060108
Don't forget that Civil jobs are widely transitional and can lead to numerous different job opportunities
>>
Is BME a good choice? I'm about to go into college for pre med but I'm considering it. Last time I asked on this board I got "the nigger of engineering"
>>
I asked the same question on here last year thinking of BME and I was told that if you have an interest in something pertaining to a form of engineering, go into that field. If you just want money from it and you're skilled/gifted in mathematics/science you should go into the field with the best pay at the time. Take into consideration that salaries vary and change but whichever form makes you happy, makes you happy. Also never listen to someone on the internet telling you that they make more money than you and you're stupid for going into a different field than them
>>
>>8060227
That's because it is. Modern genetic engineering is more easily described by math than biology. BME is shit and you'll end up just like all the other premed retard undergrads
>>
File: 1426107241767.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1426107241767.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>8060087
There is nothing superior without any specified criteria.
>>
File: 1462232760580.jpg (190 KB, 1652x833) Image search: [Google]
1462232760580.jpg
190 KB, 1652x833
>>8060227

Take an actual Engineering degree. Otherwise you might as well take some generic Science degree, you're not best exploiting the whole P.Eng legal designation with BME.
>>
Financial engineering :^)
>>
>>8060187
THIS.

Also Biotech, you learn how to program systems AND get prepped for the one of the most needed degrees in the future.
>>
File: cuckcuckcuck.png (550 KB, 555x482) Image search: [Google]
cuckcuckcuck.png
550 KB, 555x482
>>8060105
>>
>>8060108
Do you think that petroleum engineering is future proof? I know almost nothing on the subject but with people looking for other energy sources don't you think the demand for people with petroleum engineering degrees wil soon shrink?
>>
>>8060227
it's a horrible choice. most of your classmates will be premed retards and you will be getting a watered down engineering degree

choose mechanical and emphasize on biomechanics
>>
>>8061263
its already shrinking la...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.