[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such thing as sensation without emotion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1455887443803.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455887443803.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
I can't think of a better board to ask on
>>
>>8059107
u wot
>>
I'm not certain, but I think emotion and sensation are other parts in the brain. They are linked but not in the same place, so I guess you can have sensation without emotion if you cut that connection.
>>
>>8059107
hunger, pain, temperature, thirst and such are sensations aren't they?

I guess even a very emotionless person can still feel hunger, pain and etc.
>>
>>8059107

I can.
>>
Just believe
>>
i think a better way to phrase the question would've been

is sensation necessarily emotional?
>>
>>8059529
I think a better way to phrase the question would've been

Does this random string of words I just threw together have any coherent meaning?

The answer is a resounding "no".
>>
>>8059614
you really don't understand what that means?
>>
>>8059621
You're genuinely asking a stupid question. The two have nothing to do with each other. Sensation is useful tactile and kinestetic information that tells us about our environment. Emotion is what psych majors use in place of logic.
>>
>>8059650
>Emotion is what psych majors use in place of logic

so you must be a psych major then?

rly tho you sperged a lot but you just made an assertion and backed it up with essentially nothing

and first you say you don't understand it and now you say it's stupid? i'm going to assume it just makes you uncomfortable

i'm not trying to argue for either side i just want to hear an actual argument
>>
>>8059698
Die in a school shooting, troll.
>>
>>8059719
yikes!
>>
/lit/
>>
>>8059725
Are you a woman?
:=====D
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.