[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dont get it. i can solve them with the elimination method fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: fuck these.jpg (31 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck these.jpg
31 KB, 960x720
i dont get it. i can solve them with the elimination method fucking easily, but by substitution i get the wrong answer every fucking time. why?? why does my brain go vegetable when i do this??
>>
File: script x.gif (477 B, 59x60) Image search: [Google]
script x.gif
477 B, 59x60
>>8054708
I will help you if you rewrite it with proper x's.
>>
it's because of your bad handwriting so you can't tell if line 2 starts with a one or a seven
>>
>>8054735
>>8054736
that's not my handwriting, i just pulled a pic off google images
>>
What do you mean by substitution? Solving one for a variable and then putting that variable into the other equation (not native english...)

Could you post your entire thought process? That will make it more easy to help you.
>>
>>8054740
You're probably just being messy with your parentheses.

I would guess that when you divide, you forget to divide the entire side of the equation.

Then when you've solved for x and plug it into the other equation you need to put parenthesis around it.
>>
Solve them with a matrix instead of with shitty 10th grade math.
>>
>>8054798
>implying solving a system of linear equations is not the exact same thing
>>
>>8054708
Because you're going it wrong.
>>
>>8054819
Doing** sorry
>>
>>8054708
Well, two non-parallel straight lines meet at one and only one point. Can't help it if you're a retard.
>>
>>8054708
It works both ways, obviously.
Move to /wsr/
>>
>>8054708
>I'm 12 and what are matrices?
>>
From the first eq
4x+y=23
y=23-4x

Now you can work on the second eq

7x+3(23-4x)=47
7x+69-12x=47
-5x=-22
x=22/54=4.4
y=5.4
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.