[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. what did he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 135x186) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 135x186
>I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

what did he mean by this, /sci/?
>>
>>8054694
Worlds= the two arsecheeks orbiting your mums arsehole

destroyer of worlds = he destroyed your mums arse
>>
means he has shit grammar
>>
>>8054694
No idea why Oppenheimer's most famous quote is when he referenced the Bhagavad Gīta. Probably just trying to appeal to eccentric intellectuals which is why it has relevance in modern universities.
>>
>>8054694

According to Von Neumann...

>I built the bomb guys! It was all me! Give me all the credit!

And it worked too.
>>
He pretty much just made this up thirty years later to seem profound. The real response to the test was mostly relief that it actually worked.
>>
File: SB28.jpg (19 KB, 540x410) Image search: [Google]
SB28.jpg
19 KB, 540x410
>>8054752
They probably asked him to quote that for propaganda reasons.

That makes it, ten times worse.
>>
>>8054694
“Now we are all sons of bitches”
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_(nuclear_test)
>>
What the fuck did feynman's son end up doing?
>>
>>8054694
Oppenheimer is a pretty cool guy. Eh become death and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>8054694
The quote is an incorrect translation, but oh well. It's Krishna after he has revealed his true omnipresent omnipotent form to Arjuna. Oppenheimer is likening watching the explosion as gazing upon the godhead. It's incredibly moving.
>>
File: 1462423353039.png (120 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1462423353039.png
120 KB, 396x400
>>8054694
i am become dank, memer of memes
>>
>>8054694
>what did he mean by this

a phrase ripe for the filter
get fucked and go back to whatever shithole you crawled out of
>>
>>8056205
being this arseblasted
>>
>>8056179
>It's incredibly moving
How shallow are you? The quote is posturing nonsense. See >>8054752 >>8054759
>>
>>8054694
he has become death, the destroyer of worlds.
>>
File: Euler1.jpg (81 KB, 708x858) Image search: [Google]
Euler1.jpg
81 KB, 708x858
>i am become e^(i*pi), destroyer of -1
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.