[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please explain enantiomers and diastereomers to a retard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1461520583994.jpg (61 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1461520583994.jpg
61 KB, 460x500
Please explain enantiomers and diastereomers to a retard.
>>
>>8048056

I slap the fedora off his head
>>
>>8048056
Molecules with the same number of atoms arranged in similar way but reversed, like they a mirror effect on them.
If you still haven't get it
>isomers with mirror images
>>
>>8048122
>>isomers with mirror images
enantiomers are non-superimposable mirror images

>>8048056
When in doubt, iupac has a glossary.
enantiomers
http://goldbook.iupac.org/E02069.html
diastereoisomerism
http://goldbook.iupac.org/D01679.html
>>
>>8048244
Then how are enantiomers different from chiral molecules?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chirality_%28chemistry%29
>>
>>8048056
I did this shit for like 2 years in high school for A level chemistry.

I already forgot all of it, what is a fucking enantiomer and a distereomer.

Man, shit you learn in high school fades away so fucking fast, I am literally in my first year of uni and all of A level chemistry is already gone like the wind.
>>
>>8048421
Chirality describes structure.

"Enantiomers" describes a relationship: two molecules which are different from one another only in group orientation about a chiral center.
>>
Do you have a model kit with you op?
>>
>>8048438
That's probably because chemistry is a fucking joke (i.e. plug and chug) all the way up to phd levels. Other subjects actually encompass some fundamental understanding of the underlying processes, so they are not as easily forgotten.
>>
>>8048056
troubleshoot incase he messed up my arch install
>>
Tell him to take it back
Literally forcing him to place his hand on my pc and whip it back like a reverse slap.

Like it never happened
>>
>>8048499
Not in highschool. In highschool EVERYTHING is "plug and chug" as you said it.
>>
>>8048056
Look at your hands you retard
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.