[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me how your life will ever be better than that of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: may.jpg (460 KB, 1536x1178) Image search: [Google]
may.jpg
460 KB, 1536x1178
Explain to me how your life will ever be better than that of Dr. Brian May.

>> You can't
>>
simple. i dont like curls.
>>
imagine trying to comb that mess

pass
>>
That's Sir Dr. Brian May to you, pleb.
>>
Is he the guy from topgear
>>
i did not take Farrokh's schlong up my arse
>>
>>8047686

>> Guitarist from queen
>> PhD in astrophysics
>> Commander of the Order of the British Empire
>>
His field of study is one of the most boring in astronomy, the zodical light. It's so boring nobody finished his project after he left and so he could complete it later on.
>>
>>8047940
However, he did actually complete his work. Have you?
>>
>>8047963

just wait

i was too busy playing trumpet, walking on the moon and winning the tour de france at the same time

this guy is nothing on me
>>
File: 1448800240971s.jpg (3 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
1448800240971s.jpg
3 KB, 125x83
>>8047449
>Save the badgers
>Looks like a badger

POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
File: hehe.gif (660 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hehe.gif
660 KB, 200x200
>>8048004
>>
>>8047686
yes
>>
>>8048004
Brian May plays guitar, walked with Mercury and toured France many times.
Also, you're a fraud.
>>
>>8047686
Good eye
>>
>>8048692
More like Freud, amirite
>>
>>8049009
More like Freund amirite
...wait
>>
He didn't get his PhD until he was 60.

But yeah, I'm having trouble here - there are certain people I prefer for my personal tastes, but being one of the greatest guitarists in rock history, in one of the greatest bands in rock history, and making a real contribution to the scientific community... he's hard to compete with.

In fact, most of the people I admire more than May really had pretty shitty lives...
Alan Turing died miserable, disgraced, and in obscurity.
Serge Gainsbourg kinda became an awful person by the end of his life, and I personally believe if you're awful, it's gotta torture you on some level.
Dogen may have been a great philosopher, but he was also an ascentic monk, which must've sucked.
Heidegger was also a great philosopher, but reprehensible on many levels.
Margaret Atwood is an incredible writer, but a deeply unpleasant person.
Charles Mingus was also a pretty miserable individual.
Haruki Murakami is kind of a boring person.
Neal Stephenson's pretty cool, but I do wonder how it feels to be a science-obsessive who's only ever worked in fiction.
Robert Louis Stevenson died weak, diseased, and with no critical respect in his lifetime.
Antonio Vivaldi was underappreciated.
Max Stirner lived the completely unexceptional life of a schoolteacher, and today is better known for Marx's hatred of him than any of his own work.
Piotr Kropotkin's life was literally riches-to-rags.
Stephan Zweig was completely unrecognized until after his death.

It's a cold, cold world.
>>
>>8047449
It probably won't. Must be a really epic life. He probably made some really good decisions.
>>
>>8049783
well, he learned to play guitar really well, then he started a band with a good singer, then he decided to study astronomy to become a research scientist
>>
>>8049783
And probably avoided to irritate the wrong people...
>>
>>8049780
how is margaret atwood a deeply unpleasant person?
>>
>>8049790
This is probably the point where I will fail the worst.
>>
>>8049798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW7LkFZGg6w
this interview is fucking painful
>>
>>8049780
Well "being awful" is defined as irritating others, isn't it? And yeah hell is other people. At least if you are reasonably normal emotionally wise.
>>
File: brianmay.jpg (13 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
brianmay.jpg
13 KB, 275x184
>>8047449
better pic
>>
>>8047449
I've always thought he looks like Newton.
>>
>>8049806
I think she's earned the right to be a little cranky.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.