[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isit possible to teach yourself physics? I left highschool with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1461542700657.jpg (30 KB, 606x578) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461542700657.jpg
30 KB, 606x578
Isit possible to teach yourself physics? I left highschool with little knowledge in physics, i really liked it but i couldnt pick it because of the teacher that taught it.
>>
>>8046986
I started learning physics and math after high school because I wanted to build myself a video game with a physics engine. (At that time there were no physics engines like ageia, box2d or ODE to download from the internet). Had to learn everything from scratch, newtonian physics, matrices, quaternions, tensors etc. It's possible but you will need some dedication. Today I understand most relativistic physics and even some quantum mechanical notations. I'm not professionally taught. But I'm very proud of what I've learned coming from absolutely zero. I say go for it!
>>
>>8046986
You can, but it won't very easy. You gotta push through it lad.
>>
Definitely although you might find it more difficult to motivate your study since you aren't paying tens of thousands of dollars to have people tell you what to do.
Depending on how far you want to go, it might be better if you learnt mathematics to a intermediate level first.
>>
>>8046986
I literally went all the way through high school studying by myself since my teachers were bad. From the start I didn't even liked physics that much but I fell in love and now I'm a physics undergrad. It's definitely possible, OP. Go for it and good luck.
>>
yes OP, finished first year of uni only attending maybe 5-10% of classes, knew absolutelty fuck all come exam time, khan academied Chemistry and Bio and passed with 60 percent each..
>>
Its OP i go to one of the shittest hs ever and i wanted to learn physics so badly but because of my bitch of a teacher i wasnt aloud in class because she really disliked me. I dropped my dream of being an engineer due to this, anyway i want to learn physics like just learn it i dont want a degree or some sort of qualification just wish to have knowledge any advice?0
>>
>>8047429
Sorry i meant the hs i went to
>>
>>8047022
What do you do now if you dont mind me asking?
>>
>>8047063
>I literally went all the way through high school studying by myself since my teachers were bad.
Kek same here

>>8046986
I've taught myself basic aerodynamics because of my RC interests.
>>
>>8047022
How did you self teach yourself?
>>
>>8047442
I have my own virtual reality/augmented reality/mixed reality business to pay the bills. Creating apps for customers and in my free time of which I have a lot I develop indie games and I travel a lot.
>>
If you're confident in your math and spatial processing abilities then by all means.
>>
>>8047456
Sounds like along the lines of software development, thats awesome. Did do anything physics related or was that just to expand your own knowledge?
>>
>>8046986
>go to your local university
>go to the physics department
>ask for the core classes required handout physics major undergrads.
>buy the books
>start learning.
>>
>>8048916
Have you done this?
>>
>>8049256
All teachers do is read the book to you, and require homework from the book by a certain date. They only offer motivation. If you really care, then just the book is enough to learn on your own. Besides, if you have questions just ask sci.
>>
>>8047022
Reddit-tier comment
>>
>>8046986
>instead of professor reading book to you
>read yourself

nope impossible
>>
You can teach yourself anything if you have a high enough IQ and work ethic.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.