[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Most Intelligent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (281 KB, 490x639) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
281 KB, 490x639
Who is the most intelligent individual ever in his or her's field of study? Not necessarily prolific, but possessing capabilities far above the rest.

Von Neumann has my vote for mathematics, or perhaps Ramunjan. The latter's ability to self-teach is unparalleled, and the former was unbelievably adept at multiple fields.
>>
I think Minchio Kaku for physics
>>
intelligence is unquantifiable. they are the same intelligence as we are.
calling them intelligent has no scientific basis aside from the arbitrary labels you make up which are subjective opinions and no more
>>
>>8043896
Probably some random molecules and stuff spread throughout the atmosphere and in some organisms and the dirt. Give them time, they can do it.
>>
Assuming the universe is infinite, there are infinitely many "most intelligent individuals" in their respective fields of study throughout the universe

Your question means nothing
>>
Me. : )
>>
Weber von Braun in rockets
Robert R goodard in engines
>>
>>8043901
>>8043922
>>8043926

I can't decide who's the most intelligent shiposter
>>
>>8043896
von Neumann did nothing profound
>>
>>8043896
>ranking von Neumann above Gauss and Euler
kys
>>
>>8043984
>Weber von Braun
It's Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun.
>>
>>8043986
:^)
>>
WINGDINGS SAMURAI
>>
>>8043896
Ramanujan was a God who had transcended beyond mathematics. That's not to say Von Neumann wasn't good at math as well but definitely nothing on the order of Ramanujan.

The man literally came up with a theorem in his dreams that was confirmed by computer just a few years ago.
>>
File: basedmathmatics.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
basedmathmatics.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
Feynman
>>
File: 1461868442791.png (650 KB, 640x719) Image search: [Google]
1461868442791.png
650 KB, 640x719
>>8043896
Christopher Langan for Reality Theory.
>>
>>8045253
Capitalized God is a proper name, referring explicitly to the Abramahic god. Lowercase god is used for the generic, such as the Greek gods. The creator of the universe is God, and Zeus is the god of sky and thunder.
>>
File: feynman.png (174 KB, 757x466) Image search: [Google]
feynman.png
174 KB, 757x466
>>
Leonardo Da Vinci - every field :^)
>>
>>8045804
especially now since he finally got that oscar
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.