[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you assholes are tired of answering and asking the same questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1384833517044.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1384833517044.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
If you assholes are tired of answering and asking the same questions over and over, I'm going to build a fission battery.

Here's my plan so far:

Refine uranium 238 down to yellowcake. Guaranteed to get a some good radium from impurities in the ore, as well as likely to get some 235 from it, so that will likely end up being my fissile materials, where the 238 will be used to kick off the fission reaction.

This will take place in a chamber and here I could use some input about materials. I'm looking to keep the cost down and use materials I can harvest from domestic resources. I'm thinking my chamber will be made out of steel on five walls, with the sixth wall being made of something I haven't figured out yet, but probably platinum.

On the other side of the platinum wall I will have an oxygen chamber. The walls of this chamber will be shared by the other chamber, but separated by the platinum wall.

Steel walls of the reactor chamber will be lined on the outside with magnets, being sure to use only the positively charged side of the magnet. This will polarize the walls of the chamber to reflect protons.

The free-floating protons released from the reaction, will be collected by the platinum with the oxygen backing and harvested from the platinum wall as electricity.

Good so far?
>>
File: Xbro.png (194 KB, 467x491) Image search: [Google]
Xbro.png
194 KB, 467x491
tl;dr
>>
>>8043407
>Platinum
>Positively charged side of a magnet
I hope this is bait
>>
Not baiting, don't know if protons would be repelled by like charge of magnetic field. Probably wrong, in which case, still need a material that will repel protons.

Platinum wall works because natural electronegativity, unless you've got another, better option, or I'm misunderstanding something? Can harvest enough platinum easily.
>>
Sounds good man, just add some unobtanium to your flux capacitor and have a voodoo genie exorcise your colon to input the quantum field, and you should be all set!
>>
>>8043504

I get that you're trying to say I'm stupid, but by not actually saying why, I'm forced to assume you just have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1458687489375.gif (500 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
1458687489375.gif
500 KB, 400x224
>>8043530
>I'm forced to assume you just have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.

You dumb? Of course I know that you're trying to summon Satan by using the 18th dimensional properties of the Bernoulli principle to counteract the quantum leap forces.

That is equally as plausible as your "fission batteries", dumbass
>>
>>8043495
Maybe you should learn highschool-level physics before trying to conduct experiments with radioactive material.
>>
Uranium isn't infinite you know, it will run out just like oil.
>>
>>8043407
>Refine uranium 238 down to yellowcake.
Holy baby Jesus on a tricycle please do this, record it and then when you're all done release a video series on Youtube.

>>8043607
Shh. Shut the fuck up.

Let him be, this is going to be amazing.
>>
>>8043495
Just use lead it's not as expensive as 2000 Jewish foreskins. If you want to repel protons just positively charge some shit around the "reactor" by taking a car battery, earthing the negative pole and connect the positive pole to some chicken-mesh around your radioactive doomsday device. You could technically redirect protons with magnets, but it's not as straight forward as you seem to imply
>>
Sounds good brother. Go for it! 10/10 sounds legit.

We all look forward to hearing about you^H^H^H I mean about your invention on the news.
>>
>>8043740
Everything will run out eventually, kid.
>>
>>8043407

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn

Radioactive Boyscout 2:Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>8044285
Will we ever run out of entropy
>>
>>8043407
>I want to build a nuclear reactor, but I don't understand even high-school physics.
Is this bait, or are you just another retard who watched Iron man and said "Hey! My mum calls me smart, maybe I should be an inventor?"

>Good so far?
No.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.