[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Water exposure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1460614244169.png (379 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
1460614244169.png
379 KB, 610x457
What happens to semen (and the sperm) when it is exposed to water? I heard they die because of osmotic shock but searching on the Internet gives different answers. If it does kill them, how long can they survive?
>>
They look like a bouquet of noodles, or like a sea cucumber just puked up its intestines. That's what happens.
>>
>>8042030
Worried about jerking off somewhere you shouldn't have, anon?
>>
Does salt water have any affect on sperm?
>>
>>8042062
>>8042175
I don't know if it kills them, but cum underwater attracts fish after you're done jerking off. Can it act as a food source?
>>
>>8042175
It kills it even deader
>>
>>8042180
Are you sure about this? This could be the perfect bait if you're right.
>>
>>8042185
Yes that is how mermaids are made
>>
>>8042193
I'm serious man. I want to believe, but alas no.
>>
>>8042180
bacteria could feed off it maybe
>>
>>8042175
whats the difference of fresh and salt waters effect on sperm? does the salt kill sperm?
>>
>>8042030
They drown
>>
>>8042202
Fresh water bursts sperm, salt water shrivels them up
>>
>>8042202
water or not sperm outside the body is gonna die eventually
>>
>>8042212
by what mechanism? osmosis?
>>8042244
how long does sperm exposed to water die compared to sperm that hasn't?
>>
>>8042249
>osmosis
Yes. Sperm are cells like any other, subject to the same osmotic stress
>>
>>8042253
what if the sperm are in a blob of semen and then you drop it in saltwater or freshwater? Does the semen protect the sperm or not?

also, are there any organisms in the sea that eat or harm sperm? how about freshwater?
>>
>>8042212
Then how the hell do fish fertilize their eggs externally?
>>
>>8042277
>what if the sperm are in a blob of semen
Have a wank in the shower to see what happens when semen gets wet

>also, are there any organisms in the sea that eat or harm sperm
Many

>>8042347
Using sperm that evolved for exposure to seawater
>>
>>8042249
They also denature since theyre in a protein rich fluid, hence why your sperm coagulates when taking a hot shower. Try adding HCl or lemon juice to your sperm and youll see what i mean
>>
>>8043781
how long does that usually take to happen?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.