[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you getting ready for the megaquake that gonna hit us soon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: megaquake.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
megaquake.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
How are you getting ready for the megaquake that gonna hit us soon?
>>
lerning calculus.
>>
>>8040193
fapping to chinese cartoon girls
>>
>>8040193
Isn't it just gonna hit California?
>>
Source?
>>
>>8040246
my ass, et al., 2016
>>
>The quake could displace a million people from northern California to southern Canada. Large parts of Seattle, Portland and Vancouver will crumble. In coastal towns, roads and bridges will likely be impassable, stranding whole communities. The region's economy could collapse. Rebuilding might take years, even decades.

bloody hell
>>
>>8040193
downloading every anime before it's too late.
>>
>>8040471
Cont. Cascadia Subduction Zone Drops

It will not look like a Hokusai-style wave, rising up from the surface of the sea and breaking from above. It will look like the whole ocean, elevated, overtaking land. Nor will it be made only of water - not once it reaches the shore. It will be a five-story deluge of pickup trucks and doorframes and cinder blocks and fishing boats and utility poles and everything else that once constituted the coastal towns of the Pacific Northwest.

Our operating assumption is that everything west of Interstate 5 will be toast.
>>
>>8040193

>tfw in Center Europe, safe from any earthquake or tsunami due to altitude, surrounded by sources of clean water.

I am ready to repopulate Earth when needed.
>>
>>8040193
>soon
when ?
>>
>>8040571
>Central Europe
So you live in a poor country huh
>>
>>8040604

Rich in a poor country > poor/mid in a rich country.
>>
>>8040242
>>8040471
No, the new hotspot for Earthquakes is now Oklahoma. It is due to all the fracking. Evidently, there's a big ass plate edge right where they've been injecting the waste water into the crust. The last Earthquake there was a 5.1, they had a 5.6 last year I think and a 3.something quake set off a 7.2 on the other side of the plate out in the Atlantic ocean and several other quakes around the world were tied to that one in Oklahoma.

Oh did I mention that Yellow Stone is sitting right in the crack of that same plate they are making wider with fracking? Yeah...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9316_Oklahoma_earthquake_swarms
http://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/oklahoma/recent

Oklahoma, United States has had: (M1.5 or greater)

5 earthquakes today
24 earthquakes in the past 7 days
122 earthquakes in the past month
3,257 earthquakes in the past year

about 9 hours ago 2.9 magnitude, 5 km depth
Nicoma Park, Oklahoma, United States
about 14 hours ago 3.0 magnitude, 5 km depth
Blackwell, Oklahoma, United States
about 14 hours ago 3.3 magnitude, 4 km depth
Luther, Oklahoma, United States
about 17 hours ago 2.6 magnitude, 2 km depth
Medford, Oklahoma, United States
about 20 hours ago 3.3 magnitude, 8 km depth
Luther, Oklahoma, United States
a day ago 2.7 magnitude, 2 km depth
Prague, Oklahoma, United States
a day ago 2.5 magnitude, 5 km depth
Perry, Oklahoma, United States
a day ago 2.9 magnitude, 5 km depth
Medford, Oklahoma, United States
a day ago 2.7 magnitude, 3 km depth
Helena, Oklahoma, United States
2 days ago 2.6 magnitude, 6 km depth
>>
>>8040623
I was kind of implying NOBODY gives a fuck about central Europe except your daddy Russia.
>>
File: 54642d7ec8d89.image.jpg (92 KB, 760x509) Image search: [Google]
54642d7ec8d89.image.jpg
92 KB, 760x509
>>
>>8040632
>No, the new hotspot for Earthquakes is now Oklahoma.

So who gives a fuck, then?
>>
File: earthquake-craton-feb-17-2015.jpg (988 KB, 1951x983) Image search: [Google]
earthquake-craton-feb-17-2015.jpg
988 KB, 1951x983
>>8040642
Everyone. What happens there can trigger shit all over he enter globe and has done so already. People have been dying from it. Congress passed a ruling last year that people who are injured in fracking quakes can sue the oil companies. Shit has been going down for years now but no one knows about it because it was suppressed. Last year and this year things are so bad that it can't be ignored anymore.
>>
>>8040645
Absolutely nothing at all proves that seismic activity in Oklahoma is linked to seismic activity on a global scale.
>>
>>8040645
I think OP was referring to this
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one
the inevitability of which is not related to fracking
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.